What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

papabear

Juniors
You could do that but then again, Melbourne and Brisbane are usually a high drawing gate for us. We are also a high drawing gate for them. especially the Storm
yeah but if you want to do fair conferences you cant just revolve it around your side.

For instance the raiders best draws would maybe be (performance being equal).
1 - St George
2 - Canterbury
3 - Melbourne / Brisbane

Yet I wouldn;t just work the conferences for them.

You would have to have a QLD conference with
1 - brisbane
2 - nqld
3 - titans
4 - probably melbourne, but then that is only due to there current qld rep side, I would chuck perth in there whenever they get a side. Otherwise maybe even manly they seem to have more support up there then they do down here.

The warriors imo maybe get in with melbourne but otherwise I would have them with other regional type teams ala canberra / newcastle / st george potentially

The western sydney conference is obvious

But it really is tricky outside of that.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Good suggestions - a final tweak could be

Souths, Dragons, Cronulla, Canberra - Southern division
Bulldogs, Eels, Penrith, Wests Tigers - Western Division
NZ, Titans, Brisbane, Cows - Qld (+ NZ) division
Easts, Manly, Newcastle and Melb - Northern (+Melb) division

then you'll have semi-geographical regions.

Melb and NZ just slotted in - but you have to fly to them anyway.

You could swap them around - I've placed them there to even out the regions on current form.

Last edited:

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Good suggestions - a final tweak could be

Souths, Dragons, Cronulla, Canberra - Southern division
Bulldogs, Eels, Penrith, Wests Tigers - Western Division
NZ, Titans, Brisbane, Cows - Qld (+ NZ) division
Easts, Manly, Newcastle and Melb - Northern (+Melb) division

then you'll have semi-geographical regions.

Melb and NZ just slotted in - but you have to fly to them anyway.

You could swap them around - I've placed them there to even out the regions on current form.
not a bad way of doing things. That way you have one Easts V Rabbitohs clash a year, this would arguably make it more of a hot ticket.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still reckon 2 conferences of ten
Play each team in your conference twice and 4 best drawing games from other conference giving 22 game season
or preferably a 20 team one league playing each team once and alternating home and away each year would be fairer. There is a massive inequality in playing some teams once and some twice when it comes to a straight top 8 playoff pool.

taipan

Referee
Nah WA too far away.Air fares too prohibitive.Fremantle doctor has bad bedside manners.Red eye plane travel unhealthy.

Latest posts