What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Special K

Coach
1445581246635.jpg

Don't mind it

Looks like a bad ed hardy shirt. Least dragons fans will like it...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
ISC are having massive sales for some jerseys: http://www.iscsport.com/sport/rugby-league?reset_filter=1

Is this basically a hint on which jerseys will change next season?

On a total side note, this would make a great Alternate for the Raiders...

7CR5POL1A-FRONT.jpg

Contrasts the Lime green (even though that only really clashes with Souths), while maintaining the primary elements of the brand.

Also, they would get away from that Piss jersey they have ATM.

elevenstraight

Juniors
RE the Dragons jersey :
As a normal shirt/t-shirt it would be great, I'd buy one. If it was a 9's jersey or a training jersey,all good.

But as a professional rugby league jersey it's a terrible gimmick. What's wrong with a simple design like the old Steelers jersey? Or the blood and bandages? Or the home kit reversed? Or somerhing simple yet professional like it's predecessor? (I loved the previous one) shit, even just a plain red jersey would be better as a professional sports jersey. I've shown this to half a dozen mates and they all laughed at it.

The black socks and shorts sound interesting. They just might save it. But at the moment it's as bad as the warriors training jerseys, the Bulldogs WIL jersey and the mark Gasnier French rugby jersey

_Johnsy

Referee
Looks like a bad ed hardy shirt. Least dragons fans will like it...

Don't forget Christian Audigier. Ed Hardy is his Australian line, but cheaper for the Aussie bogans, and he laughed all the way to the bank.

christian-audigier-t-shirt.jpg

I'm actually embarrassed for our club to trot this crap out as an away/alternate jersey.

grouch

First Grade
The black socks and shorts sound interesting. They just might save it. But at the moment it's as bad as the warriors training jerseys, the Bulldogs WIL jersey and the mark Gasnier French rugby jersey

Not really. Unlike the abovementioned jerseys, it only uses to two key brand colours. And the watermarked Dragon design is not only much more subtle than the others, it's actually relevant to the club's identity. The balance is hit pretty well. And I say this as a staunch hater of many of the Dragons recent novelty jersey efforts - especially the hideous Ironman debacles.

elevenstraight

Juniors
We will have to agree to disagree here. I think it's rubbish and apparently it's even more noticeable in the light as reported by someone else in JA. Of course, we haven't seen it in action and together with the rest of the uniform so I suppose it still has a chance of looking ok but we will have to wait and see

grouch

First Grade
Not that particular t-shirt, the designs. You honestly can't see the similarities between Ed Hardy & Christian Audigier designs and our new alternate jersey?

Taste is subjective of course. Ed Hardy was a tattoo artist who licensed his work for use on shitty Audigier clothing. The clothes were known for garish, gaudy, lurid colours. Aside from the dragon motif, which is a common tattoo (hence the only connection) no I don't see any other similarities. .

Rooster8

Juniors
Yeah it defiantly looks like ISC have adapted some new features onto their 2016 Jerseys. Along with their new collar, the sleeves look a lot longer and the elastic at the bottom of the sleeves look a lot thicker compared to the shorter more thinner sleeves ISC used last year. I guess it has some performance design behind it but personally I loved the short thinner sleeves and the more fashionable collars that ISC used last year, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
With the 2016 home, away and alternate jerseys to be unveiled in November, we have released a sneak peek of the new design.

The jerseys will be available for pre-sale after being individually revealed next month.

2016 will be the club's 50th season and we need your help to celebrate this historic chapter in the Panthers journey.

We have a number of exciting initiatives to announce in the coming months as we use our milestone season to reflect on the club’s proud history, while striving to set new standards on and off the field.

Video in link below:

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/10/27/sneak_peek_2016_jers.html

roofromoz

First Grade
Looks like one of the jerseys may have every first grade players name integrated into the design.

roofromoz

First Grade
Also, confirmation that VIA Careers will replace Allam Property Group as the lower back sponsor.

Penrith Panthers are thrilled to announce that VIA Network has signed on as the club's official training partner through to the end of the 2018 NRL season.

The logo of VIA Careers, the employment and recruitment arm of VIA Network, will appear on the lower back of all Panthers jerseys for the next three seasons.

The organisation will also work closely with the Panthers Group in the areas of staff training and recruitment.

"VIA Network are proud to partner with such a strong organisation in the Panthers," CEO Ivan Brown said.

"We are excited about their on-field ambition, their strong community ties and their ability to deliver positive outcomes throughout the region.

"Importantly for us, we see that the Panthers place significant emphasis on the benefits of education throughout their organisation.

"VIA Network look forward to bringing our services of training, development, recruitment and placement not only to the players but to the fans of the club."

Panthers CEO Warren Wilson AM joined with Mr Brown in heralding the announcement of the partnership.

"With a shared passion for education and excellence, we are delighted to welcome VIA Network into the Panthers family," Mr Wilson said.

"VIA Network has made a significant long-term commitment to Panthers and we look forward to working together over the coming seasons."

For more information on VIA Network please visit www.vianetwork.com.au.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/10/26/via_network_joins_th.html

thorson1987

Coach