What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 GF | PREMIERS - Sharks 14-12 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moffla

Bench
Just got back to Melbourne. I've never been so happy to be away from all the rugby league exposure that I normally crave!

carcharias

Immortal
Did the fan day thing out at Shark Park yesterday.
Great day
The entire shire was going off last night still.
Heart stopper of a game
Wouldn't of expected anything less
Sharks won every close game we played this year.
Someone in here said Maloney threw 3 forward passes
Bloody hell .... Take a look at 90% of Cameron smiths passed from dummy half.
Not to mention the non existent 10 or the usual wrestle and holding the players down .

Sharks got penalised twice for pulling a foot as the storm were trying to get up.
Yet they got away with everything they usually do all game.

Kirobiti shit on Townsend was a low act.
They should put merkins in the bin for that shit.
That goes for all teams.

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Fast, open, attacking rugby league. The Broncos turned to shit at the end, but the whole game was way more entertaining than this one for 75 minutes. This came ok at the end, but it was a game typical for these two boring teams.

Ha ha f**k off you jealous raiders idiot!

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Great day
Heart stopper of a game
Not to mention the non existent 10 or the usual wrestle and holding the players down .

Sharks got penalised twice for pulling a foot as the storm were trying to get up.

That goes for all teams.

Maloney did have 3 obvious forward passes that weren't picked up for some reason but hey, it happens and there isn't any point in arguing the point about it. Pulling them up could've/ would've changed the game, who knows?
Korobete was penalised and rightfully so. From where I was sitting (4 rows back, 2 seats from the halfway line.) there were plenty of high shots and personal attention on Storm players from the Sharks in that first half that could've been called but weren't. Proud of our guys for not giving up in defence and not lying down to get penalties.

Any two teams playing a game like this are going to bend & break the rules, sometimes things go in your favour, sometimes they don't, sometimes its even. The Sharks got there this time.

Sharks played hard and it was obvious how much it meant to them. The Shark fans I met at the game were great.
Congrats on the win, it'll be enjoyed for some time to come I'm sure.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Maloney did have 3 obvious forward passes that weren't picked up for some reason but hey, it happens and there isn't any point in arguing the point about it. Pulling them up could've/ would've changed the game, who knows?
He clearly saw how many Smith was getting away with and decided to do the same.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Great day
Heart stopper of a game

That goes for all teams.

I agree, that's not real flash.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
He clearly saw how many Smith was getting away with and decided to do the same.

So did Ennis mate...there's probably not a hooker in the game that doesn't, at best they're given the benefit of the doubt of a flat pass...so what's your point? Only Cam Smith should be pulled up?
That aside, its a bit different to a back doing one on the attack. My point was it happened 3 times, they weren't picked up, & the Sharks got there on the day. Done and dusted.

carcharias

Immortal
So did Ennis mate...there's probably not a hooker in the game that doesn't, at best they're given the benefit of the doubt of a flat pass...so what's your point? Only Cam Smith should be pulled up?
That aside, its a bit different to a back doing one on the attack. My point was it happened 3 times, they weren't picked up, & the Sharks got there on the day. Done and dusted.
yeah nah

melb probably got away with twice as many forward passes.