What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 R14 - SUN - Manly 24-31 Panthers @ Brookvale

Round 14: Sea Eagles v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

typicalfan

Coach
I'm sure you'll agree it's a lot easier when you're fresh. And when you're that far in front you can hold down without worrying about conceding penalty goals. Should be automatic sin-bins in that situation.
Actually Penrith defended best when they were defending their line for multiple sets in the 2nd half. The difference was the attitude which turned around maybe due to momentum or a half time spray but I'd imagine the Panthers were far more tired then than in the first half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You mean that pass he threw from dummy half onto a raging forward into a gap? Wow

Frog talked him up and I expected him to score 50 tries and 1000 field goals. Didn't impress me one bit

Two LBAs, 1 TA and 2 tries saved: http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

Tedesco is faster and stronger but Moylan is a much better playmaker. I would be happy with either one in my team. The benefit of having a fullback like Moylan is you only need one half with a kicking game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually Penrith defended best when they were defending their line for multiple sets in the 2nd half. The difference was the attitude which turned around maybe due to momentum or a half time spray but I'd imagine the Panthers were far more tired then than in the first half.

It's still easier when you're fresh. You were talking about Manly defending repeat sets anyway.

GongPanther

Referee
It's still easier when you're fresh. You were talking about Manly defending repeat sets anyway.

Penrith in the first half looked a tad rusty.Some silly plays and out of character decisions seemed to have us always on the back foot.

I hate to always bring this into the equation,but some refereeing,and non-refereeing decisions are leaving me bewildered.

And not this match,but in most games of this season...for every side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Very entertaining game game. Pretty low quality but sometimes they make the best games. Penritu should make the 8 if they play as good as they can, don't know why they spaz it up so often. Cartwright is a must for nsw. I think manly are trying, they just aren't very good. Be surprised if they avoid the bottom 4 this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You were generalising and provided an example contrary to your generalisation. If being fresh was valid Penrith would have defended better in the first half.

They defended just fine for a team with only one third possession. They only missed 18 tackles in the first half (despite making over 200). Manly made half as many tackles and missed almost as many (16).

You're also discounting the half time break. Endurance is all about recovery and I'd say the Panthers were more tired toward the end of the first half than they were at any stage of the second. Their missed tackle count in the second half (8) is proof of that.

TheFrog

Coach
You were generalising and provided an example contrary to your generalisation. If being fresh was valid Penrith would have defended better in the first half.

We've got some defensive problems, no doubt about it. We might limp into the 8 on the back of a friendly draw from now on but Gus and Hook need to consider bringing someone in to do defensive work. We really should not have been down by 20 against this opposition, lack of possession or otherwise.

tigr3

Juniors
Two LBAs, 1 TA and 2 tries saved: http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

Tedesco is faster and stronger but Moylan is a much better playmaker. I would be happy with either one in my team. The benefit of having a fullback like Moylan is you only need one half with a kicking game.

Moylan averages 1.62 kicks per game. Tedesco leads him in tries, try assists, line breaks and line break assists. Hardly a much better playmaker. Moylan also misses almost 2 x as many tackles per game. Tedesco is just a better player in better form full stop.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith in the first half looked a tad rusty.Some silly plays and out of character decisions seemed to have us always on the back foot.

I hate to always bring this into the equation,but some refereeing,and non-refereeing decisions are leaving me bewildered.

And not this match,but in most games of this season...for every side.

I think Manly quite clearly got every single 50/50 call in the first half. Normally when refs err they err on the side of the square up, but these nitwits just kept letting the crowd do the reffing. Some senior ref must have had words with them at half time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moylan averages 1.62 kicks per game.

With Soward in the team he hasn't needed to. But it's good to have the option.

Tedesco leads him in tries, try assists, line breaks and line break assists. Hardly a much better playmaker. Moylan also misses almost 2 x as many tackles per game. Tedesco is just a better player in better form full stop.

I agree he's in better form, but Moylan has proven he can be a key decision maker in a strong team. Tedesco at this stage is still just a runner, who gets the luxury of a lot more one-on-one opportunities. That's where the majority of his attacking input comes from.

Moylan averages 1.62 kicks per game. Tedesco leads him in tries, try assists, line breaks and line break assists. Hardly a much better playmaker. Moylan also misses almost 2 x as many tackles per game. Tedesco is just a better player in better form full stop.

Teddy is a better fullback but come on Moylan is obviously a better playmaker

TheFrog

Coach

Maybe so, but it would still be foolhardy and set a very bad precedent to drop a player uninjured in such a critical position after just one two point loss with the series still alive, and I don't believe it will happen. If NSW lose game 2 and Moylan doesn't set the world on fire, by all means give someone else a go in the dead rubber. IMHO Coote has just as much if not more claim than Tedesco to the spot if that happens.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Did anyone else think the game highlight was Trent's tanty?
Bozo needs to step in and give him a couple of slaps across the face.