What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 super league season

adamkungl

Immortal
Leeds v Hull was a great game in the wet, not what I expected at all.
Catalans looked good yesterday. With the rest of the top 4 shitting themselves they're the form team

JasonE

Bench
There has been a fair bit of criticism of the standard so far this season but I wouldn't be too worried.
Most of the teams have been without key players through injury and the conditions have been appalling.

I am confident that when the grounds dry up and teams strengthen then the footy will go up another couple of levels.
Great to see Catalan going well, if they click they can win the GF.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
There has been a fair bit of criticism of the standard so far this season but I wouldn't be too worried.
Most of the teams have been without key players through injury and the conditions have been appalling.

I am confident that when the grounds dry up and teams strengthen then the footy will go up another couple of levels.
Great to see Catalan going well, if they click they can win the GF.

The injuries this year have been shocking. Huddersfield, leeds and wigan have been gutted

Harrigan

Juniors
Poor game of touch and pass tonight between Saints and Leeds. I'd hate to see the missed tackle count. Must have been pushing 60!

JasonE

Bench
Yes defence wasn't great but there was some super tries scored, sometimes we can't have it both ways.
I thought Liam Sutcliffe showed enough to suggest he is slowly getting back to his best and if he stays injury free he could dominate SL for the next decade.
If Hardaker is out next week I hope Golding plays fullback. Great to see Percival and Lomax back.

langpark

First Grade
Anyone know what the story is with this ref Gareth Hewer? He seems to have been around for a while now and I noticed him in the Catalans vs Salford match yesterday. He seemed to handle it very well, although I only watched about 20-30 minutes. Anyone know why he's not a full-timer?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Anyone know what the story is with this ref Gareth Hewer? He seems to have been around for a while now and I noticed him in the Catalans vs Salford match yesterday. He seemed to handle it very well, although I only watched about 20-30 minutes. Anyone know why he's not a full-timer?
He's been reffing in the Championship for years, I think he's been in SL recently as a couple of the usual refs have been dropped after poor performances. I guess he isn't full time because he doesn't want to be or they don't need another full time ref.

langpark

First Grade
He's been reffing in the Championship for years, I think he's been in SL recently as a couple of the usual refs have been dropped after poor performances. I guess he isn't full time because he doesn't want to be or they don't need another full time ref.
Right, I've since had a look around on some other forums and it seems that's the exact reason. Well, either way, I hope we see more of him.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Honestly thought leeds would have had a run of wins by now. Even a strong second half to the season will see them struggle to break into the 8 and you can cerainly out a line through them for the semi finals.

Praying for a catalans GF appearance, would be a big positive for the game

JasonE

Bench
Trouble at Leeds as they are battered by Castleford at Headingley 52-12.

The forward pack is too soft, they are getting dominated every week and their defence is abysmal, Big Keithy has provided no go forward and Cuthbertson needs to go back to doing the hard yards before thinking about offloads.

Harrigan

Juniors
The forward pack is too soft, they are getting dominated every week and their defence is abysmal, Big Keithy has provided no go forward and Cuthbertson needs to go back to doing the hard yards before thinking about offloads.

Missing pretty much the whole back row isn't helping the edge defence. Watkins looks to be on one leg to me too. Forget the form, the most alarming thing about him is how much pace he's lost. Gone from one of the quickest in the league to being turned inside out by second rowers in 6 months. Leeds just need to get through the rest of the SL and try to get bodies back for the middle 8s. I don't think they're in any danger of getting relegated either way but it will help their cause

Harrigan

Juniors
Sam Tomkins just made his long awaited comeback too in Wigans 30-16 defeat at home to Hull. Solid first game after 9 months out. Scored a barge over try and got turned inside out by Jamie Shaul. I very NZ Warriors performance by him but he will get better as the weeks and months go by

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Would McDermott be in danger of losing his position or has he got enough good will built up with the past glories?

They could do wiith a sinfield cameo out of retirement to bring some leadership into the pack. I keep expecting them to turn it round but it seems they young players are not quite there yet and the experienced players are either injured or out of form.

Will make for an imteresting super 8's, imagine leeds v bradford with super league at stake!

roughyedspud

Coach
Hearing abit of a rumour on facebook from the wigan camp about a fight between 3 or more players...i'll keep the names out of it for now but one player leathered another and the third got up and bottled the lad that leathered the other...

All of em are england players too

Latest posts