What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 World Club Series: 19-21 February

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRLPreSeason-2016-WCS.png

St Helens v Sydney Roosters
Saturday 7am AEDT / Fri 8pm BST
Langtree Park, St Helens UK

Referee: Ben Thaler; Touch Judges: James Child, Tony Martin; Video Referee: Richard Silverwood

St Helens: 2. Tom Makinson 3. Jordan Turner 5. Adam Swift 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Alex Walmsley 10. Kyle Amor 11. Atelea Vea 12. Jon Wilkin 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook 14. Lama Tasi 15. Greg Richards 16. Andre Savelio
Interchange: 17. Luke Thompson 18. Dominique Peyroux 19. Theo Fages 20. Joe Greenwood 22. Jack Owens 28. Morgan Knowles

Roosters (squad): Mitchell Aubusson, Joe Burgess, Dale Copley, Kane Evans, Blake Ferguson, Mitchell Frei, Jake Friend, Aidan Guerra, Jackson Hastings, Ian Henderson, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Vincent Leuluai, Isaac Liu, Latrell Mitchell, Sam Moa, Dylan Napa, Jayden Nikorima, Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Daniel Tupou

--------------------------------

Wigan Warriors v Brisbane Broncos
Sunday 7am AEDT / Sat 8pm BST
DW Stadium, Wigan UK

Referee: Matt Cecchin; Touch Judges: Joe Cobb, Mark Craven; Video Referee: Robert Hicks

Wigan: 14. John Bateman 26. Greg Burke 2. Josh Charnley 15. Tony Clubb 12. Liam Farrell 10. Ben Flower 3. Anthony Gelling 20. Oliver Gildart 25. Willie Isa 5. Dominic Manfredi 9. Michael McIlorum 13. Sean O'Loughlin 16. Sam Powell 4. Dan Sarginson 7. Matty Smith 21. Ryan Sutton 19. Taulima Tautai 22. Lewis Tierney 6. George Williams

Broncos: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Greg Eden 3. Jordan Kahu 4. James Roberts 5. Corey Oates 6. Anthony Milford 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Sam Thaiday 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Adam Blair 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Josh McGuire 16. Jo Ofanhengaue 17. Travis Waddell 18. Herman Essese 19. Tom Opacic

--------------------------------

2016 Dacia World Club Challenge
Leeds Rhinos v North Queensland Cowboys
Monday 6am AEDT / Sun 7pm BST
Headingley Carnegie Stadium, Leeds UK

Referee: Richard Silverwood; Touch Judges: Jonathan Roberts, Clint Sharrad; Video Referee: Matt Cecchin

Leeds: 1. Zak Hardaker 22. Ash Handley 3. Kallum Watkins 4. Joel Moon 5. Ryan Hall 14. Liam Sutcliffe 25. Jordan Lilley 8. Keith Galloway 7. Rob Burrow 10. Adam Cuthbertson 15. Brett Delaney 26. Brett Ferres 16. Brad Singleton
Interchange: 17. Mitch Garbutt 18. Jimmy Keinhorst 20. Anthony Mullally 21. Josh Walters

Cowboys: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. John Asiata 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant​

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Both Saints and Leeds have been spanked at the weekend. Roosters and Cowboys will dominate their respective games. Wigan v Broncos likely to be the highlight.

Valheru

Coach
I think the roosters chances are overstated, for various reasons we are missing the following players form our last competitive game

RTS
Maloney
Jennings
Pearce
Cordner

Add to that JWH is still injured. I still expect us to win but there has got to be some growing pains which will be felt well in to the NRL season.

All 3 games are being televised live on GEM. Coverage on Saturday and Sunday starts at 6.40 am (AEDT) and on Monday at 5.40 am (AEDT).

TheDalek079

Bench
As an Easts fan, how am i supposed to feel? our game is basically a glorified trial. am i supposed to be hoping that we win it for the NRL?

natheel

Coach
i'd like to see the english teams win and really push the english game further but St Helens and Leeds have had rough starts. Cowboys should do Leeds easily and Roosters with the amount of talent missing will be close. Wigan and Broncos is a toss up to me.

My tips

St Helens by 4
Broncos by 8
Cowboys by 16

Paullyboy

Coach
Cowboy should absolutely belt Leeds in their current form.

To be honest the highlight of the weekend would be if something bad happened to the rooters to compound their offseason. Mass lossed baggage would be a nice start. f**king scum.

scribbs

Juniors
Both Saints and Leeds have been spanked at the weekend. Roosters and Cowboys will dominate their respective games. Wigan v Broncos likely to be the highlight.

Maybe but I was at Huddersfield game at weekend, they were lucky to get away with it against our under-strength side. Was not impressive against Catalan either.

It looks like these games maybe heavy defeats for UK sides. I'm going to the Broncs game and hoping for them to win, don't like Wigan.

Big Salad

Juniors
Broncos have some significant changes from the grand final side though, the most obvious being no Hunt and no Hodges. The wing/centre combos are both new so it will be interesting to see how they go in defence.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I think the roosters chances are overstated, for various reasons we are missing the following players form our last competitive game

RTS
Maloney
Jennings
Pearce
Cordner

Add to that JWH is still injured. I still expect us to win but there has got to be some growing pains which will be felt well in to the NRL season.
You could play the reserves and still walk over St Helens, many of their players are not good enough for Super League.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Cowboy should absolutely belt Leeds in their current form.

To be honest the highlight of the weekend would be if something bad happened to the rooters to compound their offseason. Mass lossed baggage would be a nice start. f**king scum.
You mad, bro? :D

chigurh

Wigan are the premiership favourites, right?

All things considered they should probably win this weekend

Latest posts