What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 R3 - Cowboys 8-30 Sea Eagles @ 1300SMILES

Round 3: Cowboys v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
Yeah I think of all the rough diamonds we have picked up, he could polish up the best.
I used to call your club the prop factory. You used to be the best in turning shit forwards into very good players.

If Manly does that with Shaun Lane, it could be their crowning achievement.

I used to call your club the prop factory. You used to be the best in turning shit forwards into very good players.

If Manly does that with Shaun Lane, it could be their crowning achievement.

Did you see him play for the Dogs 2 seasons ago? That kid was an absolute gun, Freddy was talking him up for origin after a handful of games and then he had that fall out with Des. He was well on his way though.

no name

Coach
Did you see him play for the Dogs 2 seasons ago? That kid was an absolute gun, Freddy was talking him up for origin after a handful of games and then he had that fall out with Des. He was well on his way though.
Haha and Freddy only ever talks up genuine Origin players.....

Wizardman

First Grade
A is a bit of "Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane" in him. It may have been his debut, but I remember him tearing up the Storm a few years back. I've seen him play very soft though. Good game tonight from him.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Barrett would be insane to drop him, the Warriors coach should be locked up in a mental institution for letting him go.

Well Taupau and AFB are back ( maybe even Lussick)

Winterstein drops out with Bainbridge as well as Api who gets a week or 2 for his upending up ending tackle.

So Lane stays in my book.

A is a bit of "Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane" in him. It may have been his debut, but I remember him tearing up the Storm a few years back. I've seen him play very soft though. Good game tonight from him.

Him and Klemmer destroyed Melbourne that night. He played really well for us after his debut, such a shame that we had to let him go.

Apey

Staff member
JT turns 34 next month. He is heading towards 400 games of elite footy. This could be the year the sunset phase of his career begins.

Well given you've been telling us the big 3 from Melbourne have been too old for about 5 years now I'm going to go ahead and say congrats Thurston for the excellent 2017, 2018 and probably 2019 you'll have.

Humiliating loss for the Cows.

Yet... if the Broncos suffered such a loss the thread would be swarmed by Cowboys fans being merkins. Broncos fans have been nothing but cordial in here... Hmm...

Spot On

Coach
JT turns 34 next month. He is heading towards 400 games of elite footy. This could be the year the sunset phase of his career begins.

Well folks, I give you BM. A post like this may never be rivalled...... ever again.

Unless you are IBM.

stormbati

Bench
I don't watch Manly every week but DCE had the best game I've seen in a while.
Tomturbo, Winterstein and Koroisau also stood up.
I thought Manly would get up but not by that margin.

Big Pete

Referee
Quality win Manly.

Before tonight's game, they were a team that played well in patches only to become their own worst enemy and effectively beat themselves. At times they appeared directionless, failing to come up with the big plays at the right time, allowing their opposition to get the better of them.

30 odd minutes into tonight's game and it appeared to be the same story for Manly until Daly Cherry Evans reminded everybody what he can do. On his day, there's few halfbacks in the competition who can provide what he can offer and he turned the game on it's head with two massive plays for his side. First it was the 40/20 to manufacture the opportunity, then it was the pin-point grubber for Taufua to dot down in the corner. It was shades of 2013, a welcome sign for the Manly faithful.

From there, Manly were able to extend their lead by a further two tries. One was the result of some lovely anticipation from one of the game's most gifted athletes, the other was part determination and part lazy defence from the Cowboys who were struggling for enthusiasm after a poor end to the first half.

The most pleasing thing for Barrett would be the Sea Eagles goal line defence in the final quater of the game. They frustrated the wounded Cowboys into error and didn't concede a single point despite the Cows best efforts. This isn't the first time the Sea Eagles have been impressive on their own line, their goal line defence was one of the few positives to emerge out of Round 1 and if they can use it as a foundation they could find themselves in the thick of it come September.

As for the Cowboys, they were poor after two consecutive golden point thrillers. Minus their forward leaders in Mat Scott and Jason Taumalolo as well as key playmaker Lachlan Coote, they were listless and injuries through out the night didn't make their jobs any easier. In Rugby League, it's difficult to be at your best week in and week out and I'd be shocked if they don't produce an improved performance against the spirited Titans next week.

Finally, if Kevin Walters is serious about winning this years series he has to find a place for Coen Hess in his 17. Not only is he one of the most exciting youngsters in the game, he's also one of the form backrows. The Maroons dynasty was founded on giving guys like Cam Smith, Johnathan Thurston, Sam Thaiday and Nate Myles a chance when they were young, I believe a similar gamble has to be made on Hess.

Latest posts