What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 World Cup Thread

The RLWC is fantastic. It's my favourite thing in rugby league.

Slowly, slowly, it will build. Good work has been done getting islanders to declare for Samoa, Tonga and Fiji and the inclusion of PNG and Fiji in state competitions will reap benefits down the track.

If the RLIF is smart and gives the next WC to North America then the sport will see a huge surge there. It already draws really decent crowds in Canada. And if it kicks off in North America then it will start a roll that will see the final demise of Union.

Some of my favourite jerseys are North American ones. I have two Canadian national jerseys, Canadian club jerseys for the Ottawa Rhinos, Toronto City Saints and a the BC Bulldogs (rep team), as well as Jacksonville Axemen and Boston 13s jerseys from the USARL (all match worn).

I'm really looking forward to next year's World Cup and plan on doing a lot of traveling for it.

Avenger

Immortal
The RLWC is fantastic. It's my favourite thing in rugby league.

Slowly, slowly, it will build. Good work has been done getting islanders to declare for Samoa, Tonga and Fiji and the inclusion of PNG and Fiji in state competitions will reap benefits down the track.

If the RLIF is smart and gives the next WC to North America then the sport will see a huge surge there. It already draws really decent crowds in Canada. And if it kicks off in North America then it will start a roll that will see the final demise of Union.

Some of my favourite jerseys are North American ones. I have two Canadian national jerseys, Canadian club jerseys for the Ottawa Rhinos, Toronto City Saints and a the BC Bulldogs (rep team), as well as Jacksonville Axemen and Boston 13s jerseys from the USARL (all match worn).

I'm really looking forward to next year's World Cup and plan on doing a lot of traveling for it.
You forgot Serbia you ignorant merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ Fiji team

1. Kevin Naiqama 2. Tyrone Phillips 3. Waqa Blake 4. Brayden Wiliame 5. Marcelo Montoya 6.Sitiveni Moceidreke 7. Henry Raiwalui 8. Vitale Jr Roqica 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Kane Evans11. Viliame Kikau 12. Eloni Vunakece 13. Korbin Sims
Interchange: 14. Tui Kamikamica 15. Ben Nakubuwai 16. Pio Seci 17. James Storer 18.Saimoni Lomaloma

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Only one more country has won the RU WC compared with its RL counterpart.

Rugby Onion is hardly the global powerhouse it pretends to be.

Gronk

Staff member
Foreign quota
Surreal goings on across the pond. Last week, centre Akarika Dawn scored the opening try on his debut for Canada in their 14-8 defeat to the USA in Toronto ... three years after playing for the USA against Canada! The Hawks completed their Colonial Cup triumph by winning the return leg 20-14 in Delaware on Saturday night. Texan Dawn, 32, is a former Colorado University linebacker who now lives in Canada.

USA captain and London Broncos forward Mark Offerdahl, who missed the double-header with Canada, expects the Hawks to have around 10 Antipodean professionals in their 2017 World Cup squad, including several fellow Rugby League World Cup 2013 veterans: former Wigan and current Gold Coast Titans prop Eddie Pettybourne, Parramatta Eels’ three-quarter Bureta Faraimo, and hooker Joel Luani, who spent this season back in rugby union after leaving Wests Tigers. Luani has played several times for Tonga since his last USA appearance, while US World Cup skipper Joseph Paulo, having been left out of Cronulla’s Grand Final team has now also missed selection for his preferred option, Samoa! I have no idea why Luani, whose two brothers play American football at University of Utah, doesn’t use his real name: Haveatama Sioelipulu Halafungami.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/n...ct/06/paul-cooke-hull-kr-hull-fc-rugby-league

Latest posts