What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Suitman

Post Whore
we're quick to jump on dodgey crowds posted by other codes
we need to be careful we don't throw stones in glass houses & question what is plainly obvious

either penrith have been understating crowds over the last few years
or
there wasn't 21500 there today
we can't have both

About time you saw this for what it was.
That crowd announcement was complete bullshit. I've seen a more packed stadium at Penrith with a lower attendance announced.
Tbh, I don't know what todays problem was, but to see a bay in the Eastern stand almost empty, beggars belief after the "sold out" announcement on Friday. Not to mention all the visible grass on the north hill.

Raiderdave

First Grade
About time you saw this for what it was.
That crowd announcement was complete bullshit. I've seen a more packed stadium at Penrith with a lower attendance announced.
Tbh, I don't know what todays problem was, but to see a bay in the Eastern stand almost empty, beggars belief after the "sold out" announcement on Friday. Not to mention all the visible grass on the north hill.
ah
i did see it for what it was ...

Thing is that if we're serious about wanting to get crowd averages up, a first round game like Penrith v Parra needs to be played at a big stadium and have at least 30k come through the gates. That goes for most derbies really.

Raising the crowd floor isn't enough when you're handicapping yourself on the other end by setting a low limit on the ceiling.

So the Titans need to get 11,560 for an average of 18K from EIGHT games.
Oh dear
8 games divided by 7 crowds gets that skewed result .

Just a simple question
Did the crowd disappear for the second game .
Because that's what your thinking comes down to
Your trying to omit one crowd .

Raiderdave

First Grade
Oh dear
8 games divided by 7 crowds gets that skewed result .

Just a simple question
Did the crowd disappear for the second game .
Because that's what your thinking comes down to
Your trying to omit one crowd .

the NRL average crowd is taken off 192 games

not

or whateva it would be minus double headers

Well no wonder crowd averages are down
The second game double header crowd doesnt exist apparently .

If what Timmah says is right then I agree
This rd crowd average should be crowd total divided by 7 games

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well no wonder crowd averages are down
The second game double header crowd doesnt exist apparently .

If what Timmah says is right then I agree
This rd crowd average should be crowd total divided by 7 games

again
to obtain a crowd average for the season
its games played

2 games at a DH
you divide the crowd for the round average & its contribution to the season average

Marlins

Juniors
again
to obtain a crowd average for the season
its games played

2 games at a DH
you divide the crowd for the round average & its contribution to the season average
That’s right.
Total Crowd attendance - ?
How many games played - 8
Divide the numbers and that’s the average crowd round.

And there's still plenty of grass visible on the north hill.
No where near the reported "sell out".
I'm not sure who's responsible for this debacle. Ticketek? The Panthers? OH and S for stadium procedures?
It certainly won't be anywhere near a ground record, that's for sure.

We had something similar for an early season crowd at Kogarah a few years back. It was reported allocation was exhausted in The West stand but there were plenty of seats.

I heard a rumour that the non-renewals hadn't been passed from club to ticket agency.

My be bullshit but seems a feasible explanation.

Pommy

Coach
Thing is that if we're serious about wanting to get crowd averages up, a first round game like Penrith v Parra needs to be played at a big stadium and have at least 30k come through the gates. That goes for most derbies really.

Raising the crowd floor isn't enough when you're handicapping yourself on the other end by setting a low limit on the ceiling.

I thought Penrith fans weren’t big travellers?