What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

H.H

Juniors
I was at the game and could hardly see an empty seat. 82k sounded right to me.

Hats off to Rooster fans too, there in huge numbers and I know a lot traveled from far and wide to get there.

Atmosphere was sensational.

Lambretta

First Grade
I hope the Roosters have a good marketing campaign ready. Even though they are premiers, the SCG awaits.

I will auto renew on my membership, but its unlikely that I will attend many games
There are probably a load like me

I would like to see us have a couple of home games in some smaller suburban grounds
Henson or Leichhardt.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was at the game and could hardly see an empty seat. 82k sounded right to me.

Hats off to Rooster fans too, there in huge numbers and I know a lot traveled from far and wide to get there.

Atmosphere was sensational.

Looking across from bay 114 to the upper level on the opposite side there were a few empty seats but not many at all, 82k was spot on and I have to admit the atmosphere was fantastic, I enjoyed it more than the 2013 Grand Final and we all know the atmosphere at that one was fantastic too.

Valheru

Coach
I will auto renew on my membership, but its unlikely that I will attend many games
There are probably a load like me

I would like to see us have a couple of home games in some smaller suburban grounds
Henson or Leichhardt.

Couldn't agree more.

We will see what they do with the configuration but I am also auto renewing but probably won't go to as many as previous years.

I'm not one for taking more than one or 2 games away from our traditional base per year but the next couple of seasons seem to be the opportunity to do that.

If they limited the SCG to 7 games against Dragons (ANZAC Day), Souths, Bulldogs, Parra, Wests and two others I would be happy.

Add Adelaide, Central Coast and the likelihood of hosting on magic weekend and you only have 2 more games to move. Perhaps we would be best served adding a 2nd game to CC to consolidate there and perhaps a game at North Sydney Oval given our new partnership with Norths?

Tommy Smith

Referee
The atmosphere in the Roosters section was absolutely AWESOME. Aided of course by that insane first half performance.

A few once a year blow ins - evidenced by their inability to put a name to the cardboard cut outs of Lordner and Friend - but on the whole it was brimming with passionate diehards.

What a memorable day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be interesting to see what crowd the Tonga v kangaroos game draws. Hopefully the red flags are out in force. Let’s see if nrl can promote an international game as well as the RLWC organisers.

D1B62A89-B89B-429E-BCBD-9217D92552BE.jpeg

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Be interesting to see what crowd the Tonga v kangaroos game draws. Hopefully the red flags are out in force. Let’s see if nrl can promote an international game as well as the RLWC organisers.

View attachment 23944

Already being discussed in the International forum.

The match is pretty much sold out except for some "Eastern Lounge" tickets which are $100 each.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters are locked in for 9 at the SCG, 1 Adelaide and 1 Gosford.

That leaves one match which you'd imagine will be the Magic Weekend.

Couldn't agree more.

We will see what they do with the configuration but I am also auto renewing but probably won't go to as many as previous years.

I take it you have seen the seating map for 2019 at the SCG -

SR19-Seating-Maps-1100x800.png

Suitman

Post Whore
derby will be the north-south like rugby league and entire venue will be open

Wrong and right.
It'll still be east-west but the field is moving to the centre because, as you say, the whole stadium is on sale. Below is a pic of the current active support bays for the Wanderers.
What a f**king shit venue for any rectangular sport.
It's a complete embarrassment that this state DOES NOT HAVE a decent sized internationally standard rectangular stadium.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Roosters are locked in for 9 at the SCG, 1 Adelaide and 1 Gosford.

That leaves one match which you'd imagine will be the Magic Weekend.

The blurb I got with the membership said up to 9 games at the SCG which makes me think they may be flexible and maybe move one or two more games, I suppose it will also depend on the Swans draw at the ground also, either way I am not boycotting any games at the SCG.

big hit!

Bench
Wrong and right.
It'll still be east-west but the field is moving to the centre because, as you say, the whole stadium is on sale. Below is a pic of the current active support bays for the Wanderers.
What a f**king shit venue for any rectangular sport.
It's a complete embarrassment that this state DOES NOT HAVE a decent sized internationally standard rectangular stadium.

cheers,
I didn't realise derby was also east-west, and i'm a member of Sydney!

Agree, horrendous!

Originally, the idea was to play the derbies and vs Melbourne at SCG only, but they ended up extending it a few more games because the surveys revealed members want to continue going to moore park for matches. have to balance that up with the actual game day experience of the SCG though, which we all know is a great venue, but horrible for rectangular sport. bringing the pitch closer to the paddington end and rendering half the ground useless is going to kill much of the atmosphere. Wanderers have struggled with a couple seasons of the same thing at the showgrounds.

it'll be interesting to see how the season goes with easts.