What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 EF1 Sun - Broncos 18-48 Dragons @ Suncorp

Finals Week 1: Broncos v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
“Every game we’ve expected to win we’ve performed badly” - Wayne Bennett in the post match conference.

A hefty f**k you to you Wayne Bennett!

He's not wrong, you know

We beat Cronulla twice, Roosters twice, Souths twice.. meanwhile we got touched up by the Bulldogs, Titans, Newcastle early in the year.. we had our luck too with the refs and that can't be ignored but I am actually quite positive about our chances going forward

We had a few key injuries, barely seen Gillett all year (same with Jack Bird and to a lesser extent Payne Haas) these aren't excuses as to why we folded like a deck of cards today but certainly we could have been one of those top 4 sides with a 2nd chance at least, we just weren't good enough against the lesser sides and as a result we were in a position where we needed to beat top 4 sides to consolidate our place in the 8

Not a great way to end the season but overall there are quite a lot of positives to take from as it we move into the next season

Canard

Immortal
Why the hate? You're so clearly cared about around here. Even IBM was trying to console you that fateful March evening.

Any other deflection you want to bring up?

Hate is a strong word, but f**k me I hate that human filth that is Matt Lodge with a passion. He showed his true colours today

Let's hope he is badly injured in the off season and can never play footy again.

Lebbo73

Bench
Commiserations to the Broncos fans. That is one of a loss that will have to be endured for the next 6 looong months.

To the Dragons fans,it seems like normal transmission has resumed,but at what cost with Graham knocked out,and Widdop re-injuring his shoulder.

All this won't matter if you bottle what your team did out there,and open it again next week V Souths.
Meh, I wasn’t expecting anything from this season anyway. Our side isn’t organised and lacks structure. Souths would’ve ambushed us in Sydney next week anyhow. Instead the Dragons will be skinned alive instead.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Any other deflection you want to bring up?

Hate is a strong word, but f**k me I hate that human filth that is Matt Lodge with a passion. He showed his true colours today

Let's hope he is badly injured in the off season and can never play footy again.
Again - it's not deflecting when you brought up the topic of meltdowns.

I assume you're still getting over yours.

mozza91

Coach
He's not wrong, you know

We beat Cronulla twice, Roosters twice, Souths twice.. meanwhile we got touched up by the Bulldogs, Titans, Newcastle early in the year.. we had our luck too with the refs and that can't be ignored but I am actually quite positive about our chances going forward

We had a few key injuries, barely seen Gillett all year (same with Jack Bird and to a lesser extent Payne Haas) these aren't excuses as to why we folded like a deck of cards today but certainly we could have been one of those top 4 sides with a 2nd chance at least, we just weren't good enough against the lesser sides and as a result we were in a position where we needed to beat top 4 sides to consolidate our place in the 8

Not a great way to end the season but overall there are quite a lot of positives to take from as it we move into the next season
You really are one of the good ones. Ever think about switching your allegiance to a less evil empire?

Jason Maher

Immortal
I was going to ask how many blokes had to be injured for Lomax to get a run, Mary usually doesn't blood many unless there are no other alternatives

That has been a never ending complaint among Saints fans since Mary took over. He won't give our young blokes a go, even if those in front of them are turning in repeated poor performances. Dufty was held back forever too.

Reflector

Juniors
images

What a f**king day!!!!

Dave_

Juniors
He's not wrong, you know

You consistently make far too much sense for a Broncos supporter...

Reflector

Juniors
The only negative from today was upsetting Sir Wayne. Please come back, you lemon faced king.

I read this and pictured this scene straight away...

"COME BACK WAYNE, COME BACK-

YOUR DIRTY LITTLE SIMS SCORING TRYS, TRYS, TRYS, TRYS, TRIIIIIIES!"

I could even picture Wayne getting up just like that and leaving in disgust:

Latest posts