What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 21-6 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommy Smith

Referee
Watching highlights of game 1 of origin. Tedesco so f**king good.
Not entirely relevant but I'm missing the footy already
And he's still kinda underrated imo.

Whenever the almighty pundits on tv talk about the current best player in the game - or the heir to the throne - I hear every name but Teddy's; especially Ponga's.

Now I'm as big a Ponga fan as anyone but at this stage of their careers Tedesco is hands down the more complete player.

His defence is Slater like, without the kung fu kicks. And he's a deadly and relentless ball runner who can find a hole better than anyone.

And what's scary is that he set up a try in every finals game with brilliant late hands to an outside man. So he's developing that side of his game too.

Oh and he's a big game player.

So yes, a f**king gun who imo is one of the top 3 players in the game atm at least.

TheFrog

Coach
Watching highlights of game 1 of origin. Tedesco so f**king good.
Not entirely relevant but I'm missing the footy already
He's certainly put on some size this year but it has been at the cost of speed. He's also become better at reading the play in attack which is getting him a few try assists. Different player now to a couple of years ago. If he's not careful with his size he might end up in the pigs.

Apey

Staff member
And he's still kinda underrated imo.

Whenever the almighty pundits on tv talk about the current best player in the game - or the heir to the throne - I hear every name but Teddy's; especially Ponga's.

Now I'm as big a Ponga fan as anyone but at this stage of their careers Tedesco is hands down the more complete player.

His defence is Slater like, without the kung fu kicks. And he's a deadly and relentless ball runner who can find a hole better than anyone.

And what's scary is that he set up a try in every finals game with brilliant late hands to an outside man. So he's developing that side of his game too.

Oh and he's a big game player.

So yes, a f**king gun who imo is one of the top 3 players in the game atm at least.

He was a great 200k cheapie pick up for you guys imo

Hutty1986

Immortal
He's certainly put on some size this year but it has been at the cost of speed. He's also become better at reading the play in attack which is getting him a few try assists. Different player now to a couple of years ago. If he's not careful with his size he might end up in the pigs.
The chooks have a surfeit of pigs already imo

Tommy Smith

Referee
By that time he'll have been shown the door, like Pearce, Jennings, RTS, Napa et al.
Yes, RTS was "shown the door". :rolleyes:

And yes we happily released Jennings from the expensive years of his deal which the Eels took on. Who won out of that move?

TheFrog

Coach
Yes, RTS was "shown the door". :rolleyes:

And yes we happily released Jennings from the expensive years of his deal which the Eels took on. Who won out of that move?
You did. Which is precisely my point. I've stated my theory on RTS, Jennings and Maloney before (which you in fact allude to above), no need to again. When your players use by date is reached, it doesn't matter what they've done, they are out. You've got to be ruthless to win premierships I suppose but who is to say Tedesco isn't next, especially if he gets fat and slow as seems to be already under way, and a bright shiny new model comes on the market. They've got what they wanted from him already.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
You did. Which is precisely my point. I've stated my theory on RTS, Jennings and Maloney before (which you in fact allude to above), no need to again. When your players use by date is reached, it doesn't matter what they've done, they are out. You've got to be ruthless to win premierships I suppose but who is to say Tedesco isn't next, especially if he gets fat and slow as seems to be already under way, and a bright shiny new model comes on the market. They've got what they wanted from him already.

We wanted to keep RTS and he was not shown the door.

Not sure why you believe otherwise.

Maloney wanted a longer contract than we were willing to offer him. In 2016 we were mocked for that decision but here we are with yet another chooks premiership.

Jennings was moved on and rightly so.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yeah, you're right. Tedesco is a mess now. Fat f**king disgrace should retire.

We wanted to keep RTS and he was not shown the door.

Not sure why you believe otherwise.

Maloney wanted a longer contract than we were willing to offer him. In 2016 we were mocked for that decision but here we are with yet another chooks premiership.

Jennings was moved on and rightly so.

Indeed. Fact is it was only that Sam Tomkins decided to return to the UK which saw the Warriors have a big amount that they were able to splurge on signing Roger. The media reported at the time that Tomkins was on $800,000 per season (Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04...s-sydney-roosters-for-warriors-in-nrl/6377800) and that is what they used to snare RTS from the Roosters. The Warriors offer blew the Roosters one out of the water.