What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 21-6 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
Probably been already posted somewhere in the last 80 odd pages, but channel nine should be banned from covering live sport. The coverage last night was terrible, you had Gould and Fittler creaming their jeans over the Chooks from the minute the coverage started till the end. They also did not replay a few contentious calls. Fingers crossed another network take over when the next deal is done

beave

Coach
Probably been already posted somewhere in the last 80 odd pages, but channel nine should be banned from covering live sport. The coverage last night was terrible, you had Gould and Fittler creaming their jeans over the Chooks from the minute the coverage started till the end. They also did not replay a few contentious calls. Fingers crossed another network take over when the next deal is done

I pray for the day when fox is allowed to simulcast origin and the GF with their own commentators. Last night was un-f**king-bearable.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Must be a Sydney thing.

Never heard of Gangs of Youth......Doubt I'll be hearing of them again either.....

They had a number 1 album last year in Australia and 2 songs in the hottest 100 top 5 which is a decent measure of popularity.

They arent the rolling stones or anything but they are a fairly well known band

Haffa

Andrew Johns was picking up the pro-storm slack. He was painfully riding their bandwagon.

Mr Spock!

Referee
They had a number 1 album last year in Australia and 2 songs in the hottest 100 top 5 which is a decent measure of popularity.

They arent the rolling stones or anything but they are a fairly well known band

Is that right, Pete?

Well i haven't watched Countdown for some time.

Mr Spock!

Referee

I'm over the partisan commentators especially when its Roosters and Broncos.

They should have the main commentator and one from each team playing.

This Year?

Immortal
I found the commentating to be so biased. The way Gould groaned and said "oh no" when JAC took the intercept was disgraceful. Anyone else would have said something along the lines of "wow and Addo Carr takes an intercept" I know he has ties with the Roosters and is a personality of the game but when you are a commentator you have to be professional. There are 2 sides playing.

To me watching it didn't feel like a grand final, it felt more like a semi final. Channel 9 didn't really build it up as the special occasion a grand final is. If I was Storm fan watching that coverage I would be pretty pissed off. Every game I have watched on channel 9 this season the commentators have gone into the game giving more coverage to their favourite team on the day and when the other side ends up winning the commentators silence is deafening.

I enjoyed when 7 did the world cup. It was a refreshing change from the agendas of ex footballers on channel 9..

adamkungl

Immortal
Gould is just an awful commentator now. Bias aside, he doesn't even sound excited calling the game. Grumpy old man rambling.

The two Andrews, Voss and Moore, are the best callers on TV and Radio respectively, and the drop to 2nd place is a long way indeed.

Anyways.

Great win, didn't think we'd go close tbh, never thought Melbourne would get the yips on GF day with Smith and Slater on the field. Blow it out your arse Munster and Chambers

Haffa

Congrats Roosters. Best thing is Melbourne have no excuses which they would have if Billy didnt play. The media has ripped into Cronk and the Roosters all year. Cronk is a true great of the game now his record imo.

This alone makes him a first ballot immortal.

76e4eed38b9b46475817984ac8b5e681

TheFrog

Coach
Great win, didn't think we'd go close tbh, never thought Melbourne would get the yips on GF day with Smith and Slater on the field. Blow it out your arse Munster and Chambers
They haven't been very good against quality opposition all year. Not a shadow of last year's side. Very fortunate to have got a banged up Sharks in the prelim.

pantherz9103

First Grade
One of the worst grand finals. That's two years of crap grand finals in a row where the game was over early. I lost interest and switched off before the end and only just found out who even won the CC medal.

Haffa

One of the worst grand finals. That's two years of crap grand finals in a row where the game was over early. I lost interest and switched off before the end and only just found out who even won the CC medal.
Surprised to hear that you’ve made no secret of the fact you love the roosters..

Latest posts