2018 R14 Fri - Titans 16-18 Rabbitohs @ Cbus Super

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers / Match Discussion' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Jun 3, 2018.

?

Round 14: Titans v Rabbitohs

Poll closed Jun 8, 2018.
  1. Gold Coast Titans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. South Sydney Rabbitohs

100.0%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

2. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

Nailed it!

3. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Immortal

Absolutely after the calls we've had against us previously this year.

Like Seibs said in the presser the Titans came to slow the ruck down and niggle in there as much as they could and he thought the penalties were justified.

We have been winning and winning and it's natural to be down after such a high against Cronulla last week which was our fifth in a row at that point.

Come end of regular season it doesn't matter how you get the W's. They all count when you're a good chance of a go at the top 4.

4. Tenacious Titans

Tenacious Titans Juniors

I f**king hate this name, but since the admins on here are so anal when it comes to name changes, I'm stuck with it.

TheDMC likes this.
  5. no name

no name Coach

The Bunnies past few penalty counts against them have been 8 (8 for), 15 (10 for), 10 (9 for), 8 (8 for).

The Titans past few penalty counts against them have been 11(8 for), 11 (10 for), 10 (10 for), 10 (9 for).

A 13-4 count seems an anomaly amongst these teams.

It’s almost like the refs didn’t realise the teams swapped at halftime when delivering the square ups.

6. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Ok, I’ll bite on Sowie.
    I’m sure you meant - A premiership winning, Origin playing Jamie Soward. :wink:

Tommy Smith likes this.
  7. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Coach

Haha well there's that - he had a couple of great years.

But I'm more talking about the Soward that played in a dinner suit. The one who was lightning quick but was anaemic to taking on the line because he didn't like being tackled.

When I think of Soward I think, "fabulous kicking game but could have been much more." I hope Taylor doesn't go down the same path.

And remembering that Taylor is being paid superstar money; not good player money.

Life's Good likes this.
  8. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

The Sowie debate will be for another day.
    For now we share similar thoughts on Taylor. I hope he can deliver or he will become another one of the many prodigiously talented ‘nearly, but not quite, men’.

9. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

The Titans didn't get a fair go in this match. How many times have I typed these words this season? Several.

If Taylor turns out to be as good as Soward he'll have done all right. A bit rough on one of your junior products from the days when you were so flush with quality kids you could just let them leave. The Gus days.