What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R16 Fri - Warriors 15-18 Sharks @ Mt Smart

Round 16: Warriors v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger5150

Bench
And then Chad ran 12 metres and almost scored. That's advantage taken.

Woods was a 50/50 when he tried to milk it and didn't touch the ball with his foot. Satae got to his feet, touched the ball with his foot and got penalised despite doing it correctly. Massive difference.

TBH I'm not as salty as I want to be. The advantage rule is horrible but it was worse earlier in the year when Maumalo ran 15-20m threw an intercept try for the Dragons only to have the ref call it back for no advantage. Forward passes happen all the time, it's a pure luck and in round 1 we benefitted when a Souths pass was called forward when it wasn't.

The penalty was the worse one because it highlights why fans get frustrated not just in this game but every round. Either the ref got bullied by Gallen or he just didn't see it clearly and when refs don't see things clearly they just guess and come up with phantom penalties.

At the same time Lisone got suspended earlier in the year for something that wasn't penalised versus the Raiders. So I've just named 3 Warriors wins where we benefited from refs getting it wrong.

It will happen in every round to every team at some point during the season, but it doesn't suck any less in the moment when it happened.

As much as we like to think things even out over a game/season that's not always the case and it sucks when a game comes around where due to random luck those decisions are largely one sided.

Probably also exagerrated because those decisions all leaded directly to points. Fans are much more forgiving/forgetful when ref mistakes don't actually lead to points.

Except Broncos & Storm