What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R20 Sat - Rabbitohs 26-20 Eels @ ANZ

Round 20: Rabbitohs v Eels

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liddell

Juniors
You are no hope this year champ... the last two weeks have proven that.:.

Do you get a trophy for the June premiership?

If you’re a parra fan you’d kill for a June premiership.

Unless you’re 40, then at least you have the 80’s and retro round.

BranVan3000

Coach
I know it'll get written off as whining, so whatever...but how is it that penalty counts always seem to square up? Souths concede 8 in the first half and we concede 9 in the second, it's all very neat....is it the reason we lost? Who knows, penalty happy refs are part of why we got to such a lead and square-ups are part of why we lost the lead so it's impossible to say anything, but it happens every week in more than one game.

Man this season sucks. Both as an Eels fan but also as a neutral. It's just hard to watch for a lot of reasons.
Frankly there was no game that game was so ill disciplined to have 22 penalties and 2 send offs blown

The refs have gotten ridiculous and they know it’s a better spectacle with less penalties (see finals and Origin). I honesty can’t think why they fee the need to run the game like this

Sphagnum

Coach
I know it'll get written off as whining, so whatever...but how is it that penalty counts always seem to square up? Souths concede 8 in the first half and we concede 9 in the second, it's all very neat....is it the reason we lost? Who knows, penalty happy refs are part of why we got to such a lead and square-ups are part of why we lost the lead so it's impossible to say anything, but it happens every week in more than one game.

Man this season sucks. Both as an Eels fan but also as a neutral. It's just hard to watch for a lot of reasons.

The refereeing isn't even the worst part of the game. The administration and commentary have it covered by panels.

BuffaloRules

Coach
If you’re a parra fan you’d kill for a June premiership.

Unless you’re 40, then at least you have the 80’s and retro round.

I’ve seen my team win as many premierships as you.,,

The losers that flogged you last week and showed the rest of the comp how to do it.,

yobbo84

First Grade

They ref to a plan, regardless of what's in front of them - nitpick early to try and get the teams to comply, then ease up as the half goes on. Reset at half time.

For example - tonight in the 1st half in the first 25 mins there was 11 penalties. Then a sin bin. Then 0 penalties in the next 15 minutes.

In the second half in the first 25 minutes there were 10 penalties. Then a sin bin. Then just 1 penalty in the next 15 minutes.

There was nothing overly ill-disciplined in that match and when there's 1000 penalties the "better" side will win most of the time. We lucked out tonight so I'll take it - the season starts for us next week. Play like that again and the Storm will win by 50.

kbw

Bench
I’ve seen my team win as many premierships as you.,,

The losers that flogged you last week and showed the rest of the comp how to do it.,

Be kind, most if not all Souffs fans still think the trophy for winning the premiership is called the Charity Shield and the comp ends in March

BuffaloRules

Coach
Be kind, most if not all Souffs fans still think the trophy for winning the premiership is called the Charity Shield and the comp ends in March

I hear ya, but apparently they win one comp in 50 years and seem to think they can have a dig at Parra fans....

They have no respect I tells ya...

Rabbits20

Immortal
They ref to a plan, regardless of what's in front of them - nitpick early to try and get the teams to comply, then ease up as the half goes on. Reset at half time.

For example - tonight in the 1st half in the first 25 mins there was 11 penalties. Then a sin bin. Then 0 penalties in the next 15 minutes.

In the second half in the first 25 minutes there were 10 penalties. Then a sin bin. Then just 1 penalty in the next 15 minutes.

There was nothing overly ill-disciplined in that match and when there's 1000 penalties the "better" side will win most of the time. We lucked out tonight so I'll take it - the season starts for us next week. Play like that again and the Storm will win by 50.
We will be better next week! We have a tendency to play better in bigger games.

No doubt we miss GI heaps though... it's showing...

@Rhyno

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't know if anyone else picked up on it but Sam Burgess was fired up after giving away a penalty and absolutely gave it to both refs and accused them of being biased by giving all the 50/50 calls to the Eels. I'm sure every body saw that part.

Then literally 2 plays later Sam Burgess put on a big hit and fired he up he got up shouting at the refs to call for a knock on, there was a bit of a delay and then they obliged. Replays showed no knock on.

A few plays later Sam Burgess trips over his own feet running a decoy and the refs give him a penalty for being taken out.

Two rulings that never were, awarded to a player who had clearly just intimidated the referees.

For the next 20 minutes after that the Eels haven't received 1 penalty but have had a player sent to the bin for 'consecutive penalties' including that penalty where Burgess fell over his own feet.

Say what you want about Burgess's comments, credit to him for changing the momentum of the game by getting in the heads of the referees. But neither referee should be in first grade for a very long time, you shouldn't let a player influence your performance or the game in such a manner.

There's a difference between referees who make an error here or there - we're all human. What we've seen tonight is two refs who just aren't up to being NRL referees, not yet anyway.
It was a knock on you imbecile.. I even saw it from the Grandstand..... Parra got away with quite a few little knock ons.... Terepo clearly dropped it.

It was 6 penalties at least in a row merkin.. can you count??

Eels deliberately infringed. First 50mins we barely got a call.... the tide had to turn.

Also the penalty against Jennings was bullshit as were the forward passes Parra kept throwing...

blaza88z

Coach
It was a knock on you imbecile.. I even saw it from the Grandstand..... Parra got away with quite a few little knock ons.... Terepo clearly dropped it.

Eels deliberately infringed. First 50mins we barely got a call.... the tide had to turn.

Also the penalty against Jennings was bullshit as were the forward passes Parra kept throwing...

Bullshit, you didn't even leave your room

SBD82

Coach

When you're given a gift, (in this case by the refs) the polite thing to do is to say thank you.

Latest posts