What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R24 Fri - Cowboys 44-6 Eels @ 1300SMILES

Round 24: Cowboys v Eels

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
What kind of rule can they come up with though? Take the most direct line to get off the field of play? You MUST run from the field? Stop lock similar to what they do for field goals and scrums?

Not sure they can do anything.

Defiance of officials. The ref tells you to get off the field, you do it in prompt fashion or you bench warm the next game. Leave it to their discretion.

MilkShark

First Grade
What kind of rule can they come up with though? Take the most direct line to get off the field of play? You MUST run from the field? Stop clock similar to what they do for field goals and scrums?

Not sure they can do anything. It’s become a trend that’s bled into the game recently.

It’s a shithouse look and players from all clubs do it, they look like wankers and justify it by giving their side another minutes rest.
Start play as soon as he is sent, the 10 mins doesn’t start until the player is off the field.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Start play as soon as he is sent, the 10 mins doesn’t start until the player is off the field.

This is a good idea, and if the player interferes in the play while he's dawdling off the field, either accidentally or intentionally, make the punishment even harsher.

Maroon4life

Juniors

That doesn’t stop them taking a minute to walk diagonally off the field though, to me that’s the issue.

It’s a spectator sport and the sent player has every viewer watching his narcissistic behaviour of holding up the game.

It’s an attitude issue and I don’t think the NRL can actually officiate it.

Latest posts