What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R24 Sat - Raiders 24-12 Rabbitohs @ GIO

Round 24: Raiders v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
It is unlikely, but South's may miss top 4 on that loss.

They'd need to lose (to a possibly desperate Tigers) and Dragons and Sharks would need to have 2 big wins each, but it could happen.

South's won't be happy with that result.

More realistically, that loss makes top 2 quite difficult now. Not that "away" finals in Sydney mean much to Sydney teams.

Still, South's have shown enough this year that you'd think with a week or two of fitness for their returning backline, they'll still be a threat.

Edit: whoops, can't count. If South's lose next week, differential won't matter if Dragons and Sharks win both. The loss has opened up the possibility of slipping out of top 4 even if they win next week, based on unlikely other results.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
They're streaky but I don't think they'll switch off in the finals.

I think the Warriors are absolutey capable of putting a few very good games together.

The wet dream is them knocking off the Storm in Melbourne again.
Well they were pretty good last night but didn't get much opposition.

Meth

Staff member
But finals are a different ball game and given you haven't been in the finals since the Rudd years I reckon you'll be bursting with enthusiasm. Just gotta control that enthusiasm.

Yeah, I still just don't see us being able to win when it counts. We have an abysmal record against Penrith when it counts and we won well last night, so that's good- but we lost last week, so we haven't really put on a streak of wins/good performances since the start of the year. So, I could see us beating Penrith/Brisbane if we get a home semi (or not). Maybe we could beat Souths or the Dragons. Maybe. Can't see us progressing past week 3- despite playing a bit better away these days. Can see us being knocked out early too.

The one thing in our favour right now is a fit roster *touch wood*. Once Green and Beale come back in, we are back to full compliment (Roache aside)

Lebbo73

Bench
well if Broncos and Titans win tonight this will be the most wide open comp in NRL history.
And I’ll have 6 from 6 in the footy tipping if that happens. Realistically though I’m expecting 4 from 6. Had to go some upsets.

Billythekid

First Grade
There's some real shit teams in the top 8.

You hear this same shit every year. I think the comp this year has been great. All the top 8 teams are competitive and all the teams outside of the 8 have shown themselves to be able to compete with the top teams at 1 point or another.

Losing to a bottom team doesn't automatically make you bad. I've really enjoyed the standard of footy this year and the last few weeks there has been some great attacking footy as well.

Most teams in the comp look to have a good chance on the next 5 years.

bileduct

Coach
You hear this same shit every year. I think the comp this year has been great. All the top 8 teams are competitive and all the teams outside of the 8 have shown themselves to be able to compete with the top teams at 1 point or another.

Losing to a bottom team doesn't automatically make you bad. I've really enjoyed the standard of footy this year and the last few weeks there has been some great attacking footy as well.

Most teams in the comp look to have a good chance on the next 5 years.
This season has been a disgrace.

Latest posts