What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R25 Fri - Storm 16-22 Panthers @ AAMI

Round 25: Storm v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kilkenny

Coach
Six trips to Melbourne (Olympic Park and more recently AAMI) and no joy.

No reason to think this Friday night will be any different. Booked the trip months ago when we were looking good. So wish I had taken out travel insurance as given the way our season has unravelled I could have faked an illness and claimed my total outlay back and not put myself through the impending torture.

I am still suffering PTSD from my trip down there in 2014 when we lost 18-17. Kicked a late field goal to lead 17-16 only for Cronk to kick two field goals in the dying minutes for the Storm to grab the lead. The drama wasn't over we get a penalty on the siren, Wallace has a kick to win the game which falls short.

Billy's last regular season home game for the Storm and sadly I will be there to witness the party.. Storm by at least 20.

moffla

Bench
Billy has been withdrawn from his own farewell due to family reasons (illness). He's flying up the Cairns. Hope all is okay but it must be significant.

TheFrog

Coach
Billy has been withdrawn from his own farewell due to family reasons (illness). He's flying up the Cairns. Hope all is okay but it must be significant.
Funny time to have a farewell when you are guaranteed two more games at the same ground. I guess it's the Queensland fondness for milestone games which are invariably favourably reffed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Funny time to have a farewell when you are guaranteed two more games at the same ground. I guess it's the Queensland fondness for milestone games which are invariably favourably reffed.
LOL conspiracy theories pre-empting a loss are funny.

"Funny time to have a farewell" is an odd thing to say for someone who's followed the game as closely and as knowledgeably as you. You know for a fact that this is the last home game over which the Storm club have any meaningful control as event organisers. The remaining 9 games after Sunday come under the remit of the NRL, and are home games in venue only, everything else is controlled by the NRL and clubs need to request any special inclusions should they desire.

TheFrog

Coach
LOL conspiracy theories pre-empting a loss are funny.
We'ver been down there for milestone games before. We know what to expect.

You watched the Townsville game last week? Biased officiating is going to be the death of this game.

Are you suggesting the NRL would not allow the Storm to conduct a ceremony on week 2 or 3 of the finals?

Billy Slater is out - family crisis

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/a2c9175f4226b40f76f471c38aa6a176

BILLY Slater has pulled out of Melbourne’s Round 25 clash with Penrith due to a family emergency.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy revealed the veteran fullback had to withdraw from the squad and fly to Cairns immediately.

It means the Storm will most likely promote young utility Jahrome Hughes to the starting side in Slater’s place.

If Melbourne beats the Panthers at AAMI Park they will secure the NRL’s minor premiership. But if they lose they can still be knocked off top spot in the last round of the season.

moffla

Bench

You watched the Townsville game last week? Biased officiating is going to be the death of this game.

Are you suggesting the NRL would not allow the Storm to conduct a ceremony on week 2 or 3 of the finals?
Let it go.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I see you omitted the part of my post that challenged you just a tad too much.

1. Yes I watched the Townsville game last week. If you want to tell me a 44-6 flogging is because of biased officiating then you should log off, and never log on again.

2. If you actually bothered quoting my post you'd have seen the answer. Of course they'd allow some kind of presentation, but the club doesn't have the control beyond this round to do things like the blackout they're doing tomorrow evening.