What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Souths/Bears ISP & Jersey Flegg News

handyman2190

Bench
All solid,but with no direction at all.hence the frustration
Maybe thats why they wanted to sign carney.
But youngsters need time and experience. Dont forget tracey after 3 years of injury this is his first time at higher company and same with hawkins. We just need them to keep playing, practicing , getting consistent etc, they will come good i feel.

Travitoh

First Grade
I am not deathriding anyone.but the last couple of weeks watching norths has showed that their spine and basic decision making has crucified them as a team.all they needed to fo in the second half today was grind and kick long,and they barely completed a set!talk about suicide!!!very frustrating

What do you expect from such a young, inexperienced spine?

Scoopdog

Juniors
What do you expect from such a young, inexperienced spine?
To execute a conservative gameplan with 25knots of wind behind you,and kick to the downwind corner!nit throw pushed forward passes nearly every set.not toi hard with,a bit of courage and discipline.

Travitoh

First Grade
To execute a conservative gameplan with 25knots of wind behind you,and kick to the downwind corner!nit throw pushed forward passes nearly every set.not toi hard with,a bit of courage and discipline.

What were the directions from the coaching staff? Were they incapacitated and unable to send out a message to their halves instructing them to play the way you suggest?

Having a quick read of the match report, it states that the wind kicked up during the HT break. So is it possible that the players you are bagging carried out the instructions they recieved and it was the coaching staff who failed to adjust? Norths were never in front after all so young players are going to immediately think points to take the lead.

Scoopdog

Juniors
What were the directions from the coaching staff? Were they incapacitated and unable to send out a message to their halves instructing them to play the way you suggest?

Having a quick read of the match report, it states that the wind kicked up during the HT break. So is it possible that the players you are bagging carried out the instructions they recieved and it was the coaching staff who failed to adjust? Norths were never in front after all so young players are going to immediately think points to take the lead.
Wind blew 25knots from 10am till dark.all of these young kids have to learn,if they are to be successful,is to work inside some parameters(team game plan).hopefully thst may come fown the track

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 seems Nicholls may have played the full match again yesterday.

He had 17 for 159m with 2 offloads and a tackle break and 49 tackles..

Those are really good stats Callmack.

If George is out for the Cows match Sam to prop with Murray to lock and Nicholls to the bench.

Travitoh

First Grade
Wind blew 25knots from 10am till dark.all of these young kids have to learn,if they are to be successful,is to work inside some parameters(team game plan).hopefully thst may come fown the track

I don't disagree with what you are saying, i just believe that it is an issue that the coaching staff should've fixed and what i would expect if it was an actual Souths reserve grade.

It's all well and good saying that they need to learn from it - which i would hope they do - but it is on the coaching staff to teach it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Really loving the Norths side this week including:

Hiroti
Douiehi
Nicholls
Brittain
Fuimaono
Britt
Turner
McilWrick

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Norths with the best side we have had all year went down!

32-0. That's unacceptable.
My mate and I went to the HE Laybutt fields today to watch our up and coming "stars" and what a disappointment! Thrashed 32 nil and never in the hunt. What an insipid performance! Totally lacking in enthusiasm, errors galore absolutely pathetic! Hiroti started the rot 3 dropped balls in the first 20 minutes definitely not a fullback. Doueihi too busy arguing with a touch judge and did not want to be there. Turner has lost all confidence, Billy Brittain is just too small and was replaced by McIllwrick in the first half and did not return. Braidon Burns tried too hard at times but at least he tried along with the halves. Tyrell was injured in the first half and sat on the bench all of the second half in a moon boot!! Of the forwards Rhys Kennedy and Mark Nicholls were the best. Special mention to Curtis Johnston who was shouting encouragement and tried to rally a team that just did not turn up to play. Maybe some of them have been told that their service are no longer required for next year!

Rabbits20

Immortal
My mate and I went to the HE Laybutt fields today to watch our up and coming "stars" and what a disappointment! Thrashed 32 nil and never in the hunt. What an insipid performance! Totally lacking in enthusiasm, errors galore absolutely pathetic! Hiroti started the rot 3 dropped balls in the first 20 minutes definitely not a fullback. Doueihi too busy arguing with a touch judge and did not want to be there. Turner has lost all confidence, Billy Brittain is just too small and was replaced by McIllwrick in the first half and did not return. Braidon Burns tried too hard at times but at least he tried along with the halves. Tyrell was injured in the first half and sat on the bench all of the second half in a moon boot!! Of the forwards Rhys Kennedy and Mark Nicholls were the best. Special mention to Curtis Johnston who was shouting encouragement and tried to rally a team that just did not turn up to play. Maybe some of them have been told that their service are no longer required for next year!
Tyrell injured well bloody hell mate he can't catch a break @southsport

I thought Tyrell would've got a game this week against Dogs. Nicholls will play for sure!

Maybe we will need Angus to back up coming off the bench after all. Either that mate or we bring in Dean Britt.

What happened to Lucky Ta'avale mate?? Barely been sighted all year and had wraps on him similar to Manu Ma'u!

Hiroti seems to have a habit of these silly errors too!

At least Burns blew out some cobwebs mate so we will forgive him.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Mcilwrick start against Dogs either. How did Mcilwrick go?? Just solid no nonsense. If so that's what I'd expect.

Mate shame re Turner. That nexk injury really affected his confidence.. most of the time I've realised in his games with us he's unfortunately a reserve grader and going to UK Super League may just suit him. I can't see another NRL club picking him up.

We gotta keep Nicholls too. He's cheap and he can do a job for you. In some ways he's sort of similar to a guy like Dunamis Lui in that when needed he can get through loads of work.

Mixo I wonder if the fact Douiehi played NSW Cup today does that mean Hunt gets a centre spot ahead of him onnthat left edge whilst GI isn't there.... Seibs has seemed to favour Douiehi thus far but I'd prefer Hunt due to him being physically stronger than Douiehi at this stage!

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Tyrell injured well bloody hell mate he can't catch a break @southsport

I thought Tyrell would've got a game this week against Dogs. Nicholls will play for sure!

Maybe we will need Angus to back up coming off the bench after all. Either that mate or we bring in Dean Britt.

What happened to Lucky Ta'avale mate?? Barely been sighted all year and had wraps on him similar to Manu Ma'u!

Hiroti seems to have a habit of these silly errors too!

At least Burns blew out some cobwebs mate so we will forgive him.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Mcilwrick start against Dogs either. How did Mcilwrick go?? Just solid no nonsense. If so that's what I'd expect.

Mate shame re Turner. That nexk injury really affected his confidence.. most of the time I've realised in his games with us he's unfortunately a reserve grader and going to UK Super League may just suit him. I can't see another NRL club picking him up.

We gotta keep Nicholls too. He's cheap and he can do a job for you. In some ways he's sort of similar to a guy like Dunamis Lui in that when needed he can get through loads of work.

Mixo I wonder if the fact Douiehi played NSW Cup today does that mean Hunt gets a centre spot ahead of him onnthat left edge whilst GI isn't there.... Seibs has seemed to favour Douiehi thus far but I'd prefer Hunt due to him being physically stronger than Douiehi at this stage!
I really don't know what Seibs is going to do! No one put their hand up today. Douiehi is a talent but probably played himself out of the side to play the dogs. Yes McIllwrick was solid, no fuss reliable service from dummy half and tackled well. Tyrell has bulked up his upper body a fair bit - could be a reason for his leg injuries but I'm no doc!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I really don't know what Seibs is going to do! No one put their hand up today. Douiehi is a talent but probably played himself out of the side to play the dogs. Yes McIllwrick was solid, no fuss reliable service from dummy half and tackled well. Tyrell has bulked up his upper body a fair bit - could be a reason for his leg injuries but I'm no doc!!
Mixo personally I'd go with Hymel Hunt. I have always had him ahead of Douiehi at centre!

I think it depends re Cookie but we may see Douiehi in either the 14 or 18 jersey and that's the same re Mcilwrick vice versa too!

That is all we need off Mcilwrick mate. In some of the games for the Tigers I saw him play he wasn't afraid to have 2-2 dummy half darts too which I like to see!

As I said in the rumours thread earlier in the year I think it was STID who heard it but he said Fui wanted 430k to stay with us. No way he will get that as he's just sitting on the sideline. We haven't seen enough out of him yet!

Also how did our two young props go in Rodwell and Johnstone... I'm hoping they keep improving and that in future they can turn into an even better bench forward than Jason Clark and that's no offence to Clarky either....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Did Britt go allright too??

I think he will feature somewhere in our extended squad this week coming for sure!

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Did Britt go allright too??

I think he will feature somewhere in our extended squad this week coming for sure!
Rodwell and Johnstone did not play R20. I think they've been selected for the blues u/20s but not sure. Britt played OK has put on some kilos. Lucky I don't know - he may be unlucky!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rodwell and Johnstone did not play R20. I think they've been selected for the blues u/20s but not sure. Britt played OK has put on some kilos. Lucky I don't know - he may be unlucky!
Ah of course mate yeah that'd be why!

I wonde if we will keep Britt another year on minimum wage?

ThingFish

Juniors
Thanks for the report Mixo. How did Braidon Burns pull up? I have a feeling we might be needing him for the run home. Probably could do with some more match fitness.