What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 State of Origin 1 - MCG June 6

hindy111

Post Whore
Qld forward pack is ordinary. There are NRL teams id rather there whole forward pack if was a straight swap. 8- 13

hindy111

Post Whore
Arrow , cooper,wallace,Kafusi,Mcguire

Alvaro,JnrPaulo,Tepai,Manu,Brown

Call me crazy but is it that superior to our 2019 pack?

parra pete

Referee
I know I can't flucking wait.

BE WARY IF YOU PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS ON LINE
I and five mates purchased tickets for State of Origin MCG Rugby League match 1, 2018 on July 19, 2017..through VIAGOGO, thought we were getting premium tickets in great position...we were charged $350 per ticket for seats ticketed at $120, located on level 2A BEHIND THE GOAL POSTS...That is THREE TIMES THE COST PRICE. How can the ARL ALLOW this company, which is first on GOOGLE "State of Origin Tickets", and based in SWITZERLAND operate on its behalf. If I stood out the front of the venue and scalped tickets for that price, I would be charged. This mob is allowed to get away with it..and are selling tickets for Games 2 and 3...Bloody scammers....

Be aware...DON'T USE VIAGOGO...https://www.productreview.com.au/p/viagogo/22.html

84 Baby

Referee
I and five mates purchased tickets for State of Origin MCG Rugby League match 1, 2018 on July 19, 2017..through VIAGOGO, thought we were getting premium tickets in great position...we were charged $350 per ticket for seats ticketed at $120, located on level 2A BEHIND THE GOAL POSTS...That is THREE TIMES THE COST PRICE. How can the ARL ALLOW this company, which is first on GOOGLE "State of Origin Tickets", and based in SWITZERLAND operate on its behalf. If I stood out the front of the venue and scalped tickets for that price, I would be charged. This mob is allowed to get away with it..and are selling tickets for Games 2 and 3...Bloody scammers....

Be aware...DON'T USE VIAGOGO...https://www.productreview.com.au/p/viagogo/22.html
Lol where have you and your 5 mates been the past 5 years. Viagogo is a reselling website and scalpers haven. They don’t operate on the NRLs behalf

Gronk

Staff member

I dont have a problem really with re-sale tickets. If I want to pay 3 times face value to see Elvis, then that’s my business. What I have a problem with is these sites do not disclose additional fees until checkout. When I was in New York I was trying to buy $60 tickets to see NY Philharmonic. At checkout Viagogo added $50 per ticket fees. F**k off no thanks. They dominate google and will flood the first page with various permutations of the same site. I ended up getting tickets from the venue for the real price, found on google page 2.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Viagogo is not illegal, not yet anyway. Aust govt are currently bringing in legislation to counteract resellers charging any more than 110% of the ticket price.

Even companies like Ticketeck have their own reselling website.

They appear at the top of google searches as they pay google money, like paid advertising. Been a huge problem for years in the entertainment industry. In some cases they buy up most of the tickets and the public buy the rest legitimately, then its sold out so if anyone wants to go they have to make 3 or 4 times the amount.

Whats worse is that Viagogo is just a bot with its own credit card, its not even real people.
Its also illegal in a lot of countries around the world but no one can stop them.

Gronk

Staff member
Viagogo is not illegal, not yet anyway. Aust govt are currently bringing in legislation to counteract resellers charging any more than 110% of the ticket price.

Even companies like Ticketeck have their own reselling website.

They appear at the top of google searches as they pay google money, like paid advertising. Been a huge problem for years in the entertainment industry. In some cases they buy up most of the tickets and the public buy the rest legitimately, then its sold out so if anyone wants to go they have to make 3 or 4 times the amount.

Whats worse is that Viagogo is just a bot with its own credit card, its not even real people.
Its also illegal in a lot of countries around the world but no one can stop them.
Recently my daughter bought tickets to see J Cole. I think it was 9 months before the concert. The e tickets were not actually emailed until a few days before. Must be a strategy to counter these merkins.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Recently my daughter bought tickets to see J Cole. I think it was 9 months before the concert. The e tickets were not actually emailed until a few days before. Must be a strategy to counter these merkins.

eTickets being emailed direct a few days prior are to stop scalpers

People are now encouraged to but direct and not to go through agencies like Ticketteck and the like who will sell to anyone. Its easy enough to tell if the buyer is overseas.

Triple J (mainly Tom Tilley and Hack) have been all over this for years and even been onto pollies to do something about it and now it looks like they are getting some where