What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 State of Origin Game 3 - Wed 11th July

hindy111

Post Whore
For Slater to be far ahead of others in the 4, 3, 2, 1 polling, Slater must have been given 3, 4 or 4, 4 by each of the judges for his two games.

So assume he got 4, 4 from each judge that means that he averaged over 2.666 over 3 games.

So for him to be streets ahead of other players, that would mean that no player got anywhere near 8 points accumulated over 3 games ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Well Teddy quite possible landed no points game 2. Slater could of landed 3. It was a close game. He cpuld of then had 4 in game 3.
7 points.

Teddy may of had 4 and 1 for game 3. Silly system but NSW had plenty of guys to share the points is it thsst bif a conspiracy ffs.
Look at the Dally m voting. Is 3 points always the best player or judt someones opinion? I never see the same 3 players on our own player of year votes.

For Slater to be far ahead of others in the 4, 3, 2, 1 polling, Slater must have been given 3, 4 or 4, 4 by each of the judges for his two games.

So assume he got 4, 4 from each judge that means that he averaged over 2.666 over 3 games.

So for him to be streets ahead of other players, that would mean that no player got anywhere near 8 points accumulated over 3 games ?

I think it's the average number you scored in games you played, in his case two.
So if he got 4 and 4 then it would be (4+4)×4=32
Say Tedesco got 4, 3 and 2 then it would be (4+3+2)×3=27

hindy111

Post Whore
This is complicated.

My man of series was either
Maloney, Cook or Teddy.

Latrell also great.

I dont need mathematics to determine it. Anoyne happy with one of those 3?

emjaycee

Coach
I think it's the average number you scored in games you played, in his case two.
So if he got 4 and 4 then it would be (4+4)×4=32
Say Tedesco got 4, 3 and 2 then it would be (4+3+2)×3=27
Why did u multiply slaters by 4 and teddys by 3?

Edit... the multiplier is the average ??
WTF is that about?

Why did u multiply slaters by 4 and teddys by 3?

Edit... the multiplier is the average ??
WTF is that about?
Yes. Sorry, could have worded that better. I suppose it goes some way to rewarding quality rather than quantity. But it's rubbish anyway, no way it should have been Slater.

emjaycee

Coach
Yes. Sorry, could have worded that better. I suppose it goes some way to rewarding quality rather than quantity. But it's rubbish anyway, no way it should have been Slater.
So that method really only rewards a player who gets MOM or closer in 2 games but only plays 2 games.

Imagine being MoM in 1 game and being outplayed by a point in 2 games

(4+3+2) × 3 = 27
vs
(0+4+4) x 4 =32

I know who had the better contribution to the series IMHO.

There are 34+ players across the series. Getting 3 points in 1 game and 2 in another is pretty f**ken hard to do.

So that method really only rewards a player who gets MOM or closer in 2 games but only plays 2 games.

Imagine being MoM in 1 game and being outplayed by a point in 2 games

(4+3+2) × 3 = 27
vs
(0+4+4) x 4 =32

I know who had the better contribution to the series IMHO.

There are 34+ players across the series. Getting 3 points in 1 game and 2 in another is pretty f**ken hard to do.
That would actually be (4+3+3)×3.33=33.33, so you'd scrape in there. But I agree, getting a point at all means you've had a very good game. Their points system can too easily discard an entire game's contribution.

strider

Post Whore

I actually think it is quite possible for him to get it if its based on votes from each game

I dont think there were clear cut MotM in either of the first 2 games ... so if the points get spread between alot of players then a single player polling decent with all judges in 2 games could legitimately go well

Having said that, f**k qld

Gronk

Staff member
I actually think it is quite possible for him to get it if its based on votes from each game

I dont think there were clear cut MotM in either of the first 2 games ... so if the points get spread between alot of players then a single player polling decent with all judges in 2 games could legitimately go well

FFS

hindy111

Post Whore
Sounds like someone pushed the wrong numbers. No way those guys could work out that formula. Dalyes probably used the multply on slater and the plus on Teddy.

strider

Post Whore
If there was genuinely nothing to hide, they should reveal all the votes ... but they wont cos it will likely expose qld bias

T.S Quint

Coach

Really?
Game 2 I might agree with you, but in Game 1 Tedesco was a clear winner.