2018 tours

Discussion in 'International' started by roughyedspud, May 3, 2017.

1. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

Rumours are slowing coming to fruition..

New Zealand tour of "Europe"

3 tests v England & 1 test v France is practically a done deal with the kiwis looking at the possibility of adding a couple more games against Wales,Scotland or ireland

Fiji to France

Buried in the minutes of a recent french federation meeting were the idea of a 2 test series with Fiji

Its looking increasing likely that a majority of the Pacific island teams will be heading up to Europe/UK in 2018..

I'd like to see a Wales v PNG series..iirc they played a 3 test series in 2007?

adamkungl likes this.
  2. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

For all our complaints it does look like there will be big improvements from 2017

3. hutch

hutch First Grade

I think the 2007 3 test series was png v France. Good crowds in all 3 games in France, was a close series.

4. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

I believe it was a two match series that France won 2-0. Wales did defeat PNG on the same tour.

hutch likes this.
  5. Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz Juniors

From Wikipedia:

• 2007: France def. Papua New Guinea 38-26 Parc des Sports (Avignon)
    • 2007: France def Papua New Guinea 22-16 Stade Andre Moga, Begles (Bordeaux)
    Anyone know the crowds???

6. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII Bench

I think these should be one off tests rather than 3 test series to keep it as an event and maximise the potential as they do in rugby union. So for example rather than Wales play PNG in a 3 test series , I'd rather Wales play PNG and Fiji in one off tests and if a third game was needed Samoa. England and Ireland could play them also on rotating weekends.

7. Scubby

Scubby Juniors

France and Wales should join up and invite Fiji and PNG over. It could be an excellent 4 Nations competition in itself. England could also play Fiji and PNG in one-off games and could contribute to the costs.

This is how we need to look at it. Much like cricket did a couple of decades ago with mini quad/triangular tournaments/series with touring sides.

hutch and Coastbloke like this.
  8. latingringo101

latingringo101 Juniors

Not really a tour but the Emerging Nations WC will be on in Sydney in 2018 as well!

roughyedspud likes this.
  9. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach