What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great crowd for 6pm in Sydney, I guess that puts to bed that people can’t get to games for a 6pm KO in Sydney?

Crap crowd in melbourne, we are so lazy at trying to fill stadiums.

Suitman

Post Whore
If it ends up Eels v Tigers I feel sorry for Tigers fans. They've waited so long for a finals game but only around 5K will be able to go once the Eels members get their seats.

The advantage off getting a home final. The home team should always have first and majority digs at tickets. Not sure what is wrong with that and why you should feel sorry for Tigers fans, or whoever the away team will be.

greenBV4

Bench
Secured premiership. Playing a meaningless game against a shit team. auskick finals game between two melbourne teams across the road.

Stop it.
I got stuck having to work but TBH wasn't even that fazed, already won the minor premiership, a final locked in for next week, players rested (im actually surprised by how many are playing), an opposition who are pretty useless this year, Im guessing 90k next door so trains and trams would of been sardine cans, and parking non-existant, the radio was saying protesters in the city were holding up trams and traffic, and add to that it was raining most the day, with a even bit of hail in the afternoon.

I don't think you could expect much for this game, hopefully it atleast cracks 10k

Diesel

Referee
Great crowd for 6pm in Sydney, I guess that puts to bed that people can’t get to games for a 6pm KO in Sydney?

Great Sydney crowd tonight.

I assume there are a lot of Storm AND MCG members/Collingwood fans, which is why the Melbourne crowd would have been low.

azza29

Juniors
I assume there are a lot of Storm AND MCG members/Collingwood fans, which is why the Melbourne crowd would have been low.
A lot of Storm fans also follow AFL, no surprise if they decide to watch a top 4 quarter final instead of a dead rubber at AAMI Park.

93k at the MCG too, when was the last time 105k people attended sporting events in Sydney on a single night?

Warriors Fever

Juniors

Ah no it doesn’t, did you see how empty it was at kick off? It took half an hour of the match before it filled up, in what world is this an ideal timeslot? People won’t usually pay for a ticket to see half a game.

You are kind of right about laziness but do you have solutions?

The unknown

Juniors
If it ends up Eels v Tigers I feel sorry for Tigers fans. They've waited so long for a finals game but only around 5K will be able to go once the Eels members get their seats.

Honestly would probably crack 50k at homebush. But yeah, eels deserve their home final

Chook Norris

First Grade
Great crowd for 6pm in Sydney, I guess that puts to bed that people can’t get to games for a 6pm KO in Sydney?.

I don't think it's that simple. The brilliant thing about Parramatta stadium is it's embedded within the Parramatta CBD. Literally within a 5-10min walking distance of the centre and people who have just finished working on a Friday night; other Sydney stadiums are not as well placed (ANZ in particular). Makes me think that 6pm is not a bad slot for Parra on a Friday night at all.

Anyone know if that was the first 6pm Parra home game at Bankwest?

T-Boon

Coach
Get rid of the 6pm Friday game or at least make it 630pm. That would still mean you can have an 8pm kick off for the second game.
And the local pubs will be happy with office workers sitting around their establishment from 5pm until 615.