What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Cockosh

Juniors
Are roosters fans actually having a go at knights fans, that will do me. What a classic haha!
Not having a go. They have great crowds. Should be better per capita. Are you saying they and broncos should be commended because they are the only team in their city/region.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
You’re either drunk or ignorant. There are 8 other Sydney clubs. Should I continue or did the penny drop?

Both sides of the too-many-teams-in-Sydney argument try to play it both ways, have their cake and eat it too.

The too-many-ers claim that oversaturation is to blame for low sydney crowds, and in the next breath say that individual sydney clubs should draw huge crowds due to the advantage of a huge population.

The its-fine-ers claim that one team cities have a big advantage due to not having to compete with 8 other teams, but refuse to entertain the possibility of any Sydney club moving and taking that big advantage for themselves.

Ridiculous.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not having a go. They have great crowds. Should be better per capita. Are you saying they and broncos should be commended because they are the only team in their city/region.

There’s no point bringing any home and away game into this. You’ll go in circles.

This is a prelim final, 1 v 2, the two best teams of the year, winner makes the grand final, and thousands of tickets are being handed out.

Cockosh

Juniors
There’s no point bringing any home and away game into this. You’ll go in circles.

This is a prelim final, 1 v 2, the two best teams of the year, winner makes the grand final, and thousands of tickets are being handed out.
Fair enough but you don’t miraculously manufacture double your crowd just because it’s a prelim. We have a limited, small geographical area. It is what it is. If Souths were playing storm instead you’d have exactly the same issue, same crowd without the same criticism.

Western_Eel

Juniors
everyone is blowing up about the free tickets been giving away for this game, but no one comments on all the free tickets been given away last week to a game that had 2 sydney teams

Fair enough but you don’t miraculously manufacture double your crowd just because it’s a prelim. We have a limited, small geographical area. It is what it is. If Souths were playing storm instead you’d have exactly the same issue, same crowd without the same criticism.

Souffs for all their supposed support hosted Storm at CC. We take our game to Adelaide. No one bothers with Melbourne in Sydney it seems. Also add the fact that the SCG is a poor viewing venue. Some members didn’t renew their membership as a result. That has forced the club to promise rewards to those fans who maintain their membership while Allianz is rebuilt.

Billythekid

First Grade

How the broncos and knights remotely comparable? You’re talking about monstrously different population bases to draw from.

Also Sydney is a huge population, it’s the roosters fault if they still can only draw on a small portion of it. Your based in a city of 5 million people and complaining about a lack of population to draw from?

What’s hilarious is the exact same people who make this dumb argument are the first ones in line to talk down expansion/relocating teams.

Cockosh

Juniors
How the broncos and knights remotely comparable? You’re talking about monstrously different population bases to draw from.

Also Sydney is a huge population, it’s the roosters fault if they still can only draw on a small portion of it. Your based in a city of 5 million people and complaining about a lack of population to draw from?

What’s hilarious is the exact same people who make this dumb argument are the first ones in line to talk down expansion/relocating teams.
I’m not complaining about a lack of anything, just stating how it is. It isn’t just a simple case of splitting 5 million over 9 clubs. Each club more or less attracts fans from its geographical heartland. The bigger that heartland the bigger your base typically. What used to be north Sydney territory didn’t just get reallocated amongst the remaining clubs. Most of the Sydney clubs draw from 15000 to 20000 as an average. The key is better engaging and marketing to your local fans.
Relocation is a separate topic and while it may be good for the game for me personally I watch league purely because of the roosters and them staying where they are. Relocate or kick them out and I’m done. Many others would be the same. I love the game coz of the roosters not the other way around.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I think Souths are one of the most criticised teams on this forum. The 2015 forum in particular, they were hammered. Last week too, they were trashed, some of their supporters even mentioned how disappointed they were.

I understand the roosters have a tricky geographical area and being at the scg does not help, but the roosters seem to be failing at growing their base, particularly since 2013. Hopefully there are thousands of young fans that have picked them during this period and in ten years time at the new sfs we are seeing much better figures.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m not complaining about a lack of anything, just stating how it is. It isn’t just a simple case of splitting 5 million over 9 clubs. Each club more or less attracts fans from its geographical heartland. The bigger that heartland the bigger your base typically. What used to be north Sydney territory didn’t just get reallocated amongst the remaining clubs. Most of the Sydney clubs draw from 15000 to 20000 as an average. The key is better engaging and marketing to your local fans.
Relocation is a separate topic and while it may be good for the game for me personally I watch league purely because of the roosters and them staying where they are. Relocate or kick them out and I’m done. Many others would be the same. I love the game coz of the roosters not the other way around.

That is the thing lost on some. What interest is their for Panthers, WT etc to attend? What I notice is lack of neutrals to games these days. How to fix that is the question

unforgiven

Bench
That is the thing lost on some. What interest is their for Panthers, WT etc to attend? What I notice is lack of neutrals to games these days. How to fix that is the question
I really think that has been an unforeseen result of the increase in memberships. People see they are spending large amounts on tickets and are only attending games that are included in their memberships. I also think it has not only effected neutrals at games but I think their are less away supporters as well!

Omott91

Juniors
You’re either drunk or ignorant. There are 8 other Sydney clubs. Should I continue or did the penny drop?
ha, 5million people divided by 9 sydney clubs equals 555,000 people per club.That's 155,000 people more than the Newcastle region yet your Roosters still average 3k less so your per capita argument you had going just makes you look foolish. Maybe look at the facts first before taking shots at other clubs. I hope the penny dropped for you.

Cockosh

Juniors
ha, 5million people divided by 9 sydney clubs equals 555,000 people per club.That's 155,000 people more than the Newcastle region yet your Roosters still average 3k less so your per capita argument you had going just makes you look foolish. Maybe look at the facts first before taking shots at other clubs. I hope the penny dropped for you.
So in your fantasy world the roosters should target the Liverpool or Hornsby areas with about 700,000 people between them because they don’t have an nrl club. You make things so simple to understand it’s a shame none of the nrl clubs have picked up on it in 110 years. I think you are missing a penny.

Latest posts