What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
B.S. Someone with your writing skills does not have a Masters lol

On marketing, like I've said twice now. You go on believing what you like, it doesn't make it true.

Also, mistakes does not equal lying. At least I own up to mine rather than trying to argue that the sky isn't blue.

Anyway back to crowds...

No . You deliberately misinformed in the conversation. It's there for all to see. Your reckless attack on me is not new. Others are aware of your lunatic like assertions on previous posts. You are repeating the pattern! You certainly would not have passed year6 comprehension with your deemed "understanding " of what widespread effective marketing can entail. Quite laughable really!

Stallion

First Grade
Television is not a very useful medium for advertising single matches, its better used for creating an awareness of the game as a whole!

Perhaps. I tend to dissagree. Think the use of tv, particularly free to air is very important. Other mediums like popular Radio, well placed Billboards and even the mighty newspaper are still extensive in market reach , especially neutrals ,newcomers and those not in the know.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
No . You deliberately misinformed in the conversation. It's there for all to see. Your reckless attack on me is not new. Others are aware of your lunatic like assertions on previous posts. You are repeating the pattern! You certainly would not have passed year6 comprehension with your deemed "understanding " of what widespread effective marketing can entail. Quite laughable really!

This whole marketing things started with a discussion on what the best way to shift last minute tickets to Thursday night games. Social media is clearly the best approach in that situation.

Back to crowds mate

Shark62

Juniors
This whole marketing things started with a discussion on what the best way to shift last minute tickets to Thursday night games. Social media is clearly the best approach in that situation.

Back to crowds mate
Isn’t it amazing the way he destroys every conversation here? I can’t even see his posts and he’s irritating me hahaha!

unforgiven

Bench
Perhaps. I tend to dissagree. Think the use of tv, particularly free to air is very important. Other mediums like popular Radio, well placed Billboards and even the mighty newspaper are still extensive in market reach , especially neutrals ,newcomers and those not in the know.
I think billboards and radio are regularly used, I saw heaps of billboards for upcoming games today and over the last couple of months have seen a large push for the Magic Round out bus stop signage. With TV it is very difficult to target your message at specific audiences!

Stallion

First Grade

Back to crowds mate

Fair call. However underestimating the tried and true mediums is not wise . Yeah I see your point in the late shifting of tickets. Perhaps moreso just hours prior to the relevant match. However prior to that the use of tv,Radio, Billboards and newspapers is just as valid.

Stallion

First Grade
I think billboards and radio are regularly used, I saw heaps of billboards for upcoming games today and over the last couple of months have seen a large push for the Magic Round out bus stop signage. With TV it is very difficult to target your message at specific audiences!

It's good to know that many of these mediums are still being used. TV is effective. It's moreover a bonus it (TV)doesn't target a certain audience as gaining a wider demographic should be embraced by this code. After all its a well hidden jewell in the grand scheme of things. Let more know about this great code. It's a beauty!

unforgiven

Bench
It's good to know that many of these mediums are still being used. TV is effective. It's moreover a bonus it (TV)doesn't target a certain audience as gaining a wider demographic should be embraced by this code. After all its a well hidden jewell in the grand scheme of things. Let more know about this great code. It's a beauty!
Which is why TV should be used for pushing whole game awareness and not specific games. Penrith always has posters up advertising their games both in their and the oppositions territories.

sempmrh

Juniors
I think the importance of TV, radio and newspapers here in 2019 is being overstated. Not that these forms of media aren't important at all - just increasingly becoming less important to people under 30.

Shark62

Juniors
I think the importance of TV, radio and newspapers here in 2019 is being overstated. Not that these forms of media aren't important at all - just increasingly becoming less important to people under 30.
I’m 56 and I watch fta possibly 1 hour per night, rarely if ever listen to the radio and never buy a newspaper. That’s common for my generation in 2019. Under 30s are almost solely into social media. That’s the reality.

Stallion

First Grade
isn’t this supposed to be the f**king crowd thread?

Fair call. It's a shame their is no game at the Easter show precinct on Saturday or Sunday. A waste of capitalizing on potential fans visiting the show and going to the footy.

Stallion

First Grade
I’m 56 and I watch fta possibly 1 hour per night, rarely if ever listen to the radio and never buy a newspaper. That’s common for my generation in 2019. Under 30s are almost solely into social media. That’s the reality.

It's not the reality. What about the 30 to 55 age group. They use tv as well . Both mediums should be used to promote games. Isolating to just one of those is not maximising publicity or relevance for rugby league. I'm also in my fifties and watch FTA tv, especially the news and rugby league along with the Sunday footy show. I do have pay tv and watch the rugby league shows from 7 to 9pm most week days. I watch the game on FTA when it's simulcast and watch paytv when it's just on paytv.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
It's not the reality. What about the 30 to 55 age group. They use tv as well . Both mediums should be used to promote games. Isolatinf to just one of those is not maximising publicity or relevance for ruhby league. I'm also in my fifties and watch FTA tv, especially the news and rugby league along with the Sunday footy show. I do have pay tv and watch the rugby league shows from 7 to 9pm most week days. I watch the game on FTA when it's simulcast and watch paytv when it's just on paytv.
FTA TV is a dying medium

Stallion

First Grade
FTA TV is a dying medium

But it still exists. And it's still very influential . Both mediums are very important. Granted social media is growing however ignoring or undervaluing FTA tv is fraught with disaster. Plenty still watch it . Apparently Radio was on its way out when tv started ? So I think society has its own way of making a type of media valid.

Latest posts