What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

BlueandGold

Juniors
Currently averaging 16565 per game after 5 with Eels vs Tigers still to come.

Raiders vs Broncos 13k
Titans vs Knights 13k

Eels vs Tigers 28,800

Looking like a crowd ave of about 17.3k for this round.

Billythekid

First Grade
Well Sharks who have been middle of the road so far got 10,000 + on a weekday night playing a struggling out Sydney team who brought few ,because of that time and schedule.Whereas the Storm had a replay of the 2018 Grand final on a public holiday between the two in form teams and got 17,000 in an modern all seater stadium.
I wouldn't be leaping over the moon with joy.The Shark's crowd was ordinary and so by comparison was the Storm's

A weekday night? Let’s not pretend this was a usual Thursday night. Friday was a public holiday so there was nothing wrong with the Thursday time slot.

The storm crowd was below par no question but it in no way makes the sharks crowd look any better.

taipan

Referee
A weekday night? Let’s not pretend this was a usual Thursday night. Friday was a public holiday so there was nothing wrong with the Thursday time slot.

The storm crowd was below par no question but it in no way makes the sharks crowd look any better.

A typical response from someone who has little idea of Sydney traffic infrastructure on weekdays..Sydney is not Melbourne.
Thursday was a working day in Sydney,like any other week day.Penrith is on the far outskirts of West Sydney ,Cronulla the other.The overwhelming number of fans in attendance were Shark's fans.

The next day being a public holiday has little effect on people trying to get home from work in Penrith and getting to Cronulla and then driving back to get home with family
That's why I stated I'd expect 13,000 on a weekend game there.
I stated both crowds were ordinary, open your eyes.But the Storm's game was on a holiday,that's a big difference.

Last Week

Bench
I haven't bought tickets for a while, but the round 8 game at Parra between the Eels and Dragons, they're only selling bronze seats I assume that means that it's close to being sold out?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I haven't bought tickets for a while, but the round 8 game at Parra between the Eels and Dragons, they're only selling bronze seats I assume that means that it's close to being sold out?
Correct. About 2/3rds of the seating is club members as far as I understand.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans are snake bit when it comes to weather this year. Looks like another rainy day here. Hopefully it clears up because I'm going to this one.
Was hoping for a nice Sunday afternoon at the footy in the sun.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I wonder how many seats at BankWest they kept vacant to ease opening pressures.

They did the same at Suncorp and Optus stadium in Perth, makes sense for the staff. Maybe about 10% GA seating kept from sale.

Corporate packages might be hard to sell on Easter Monday regardless of it being the opening. Mind you I could probably search to see if any are available still.

Stallion

First Grade
12000 would be ok figure for Gold Coast game today. The intriguing game will be Canberra v Broncos. I'm hoping it achieves a surprise crowd pushing 20000 with good weather and a very good Raiders side in action against a bigtime rival. CROSSING FINGERS!

parrawentyfan

Juniors
12000 would be ok figure for Gold Coast game today. The intriguing game will be Canberra v Broncos. I'm hoping it achieves a surprise crowd pushing 20000 with good weather and a very good Raiders side in action against a bigtime rival. CROSSING FINGERS!

Raiders and long weekends are a difficult mix. Like many Canberra locals, I'm out of town this weekend so won't be attending. Massive portion of the population heads to the coast or goes to visit families in other cities.

A big crowd would be a nice surprise - the 16,000 last weekend was a good effort so hopefully some of those return.

Valheru

Coach

Long weekends are no good for Canberra. Half the population leaves the joint, especially on Easter weekend.

Latest posts