What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Anyone noticed the blatant lie in the Daily Telegraph article on low union crowds? On page 48 the writer compares a rugby league crowd unfavorably to a union crowd. The issue being the rugby league crowd for the Bunnies and Tigers was 5000 more than the Union crowd on the same night. Fyi.

Was the writer expecting the Waratahs to pull more than the NRL match? lol

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The first one. Usually this time of year there is always some sort of crisis article about tickets not selling etc.

It will be - Suncorp always fills up. I think they should have had the Sydney game first because if by some chance QLD wrap up the series in games 1 and 2 it will be a hard sell. Whereas if it was the other way around and QLD were fighting to save a whitewash at Suncorp the ground would still sell-out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It will be - Suncorp always fills up. I think they should have had the Sydney game first because if by some chance QLD wrap up the series in games 1 and 2 it will be a hard sell. Whereas if it was the other way around and QLD were fighting to save a whitewash at Suncorp the ground would still sell-out.
I thought I saw something the other day about 2-for-1 platinum tickets so I'm wondering if it is indeed struggling for sales.

Could be wrong though.

Springs09

Juniors

I disagree they can't continually have game 3 at Suncorp.

What happened to Origin games at Suncorp selling out in a day?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I disagree they can't continually have game 3 at Suncorp.

What happened to Origin games at Suncorp selling out in a day?

They hiked the prices up dramatically around 2012. Good move though from the point of view of revenue for the game. If an event is selling out too quickly it is generally a sign that you are too cheap. If there are empty seats you are generally too expensive and if you sell the last few tickets on game day you have got it just right - the latter is generally what happens these days at Suncorp for Origin.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Suncorp hasn’t had any two for one offers, but they have started selling good seats at bronze prices. Will no doubt get to 51k ish some how.

Ah I miss those days of affordable tickets and 30min sell outs.

At on sale date ticket to sit level 7 behind the post were $195 a pop.

Stallion

First Grade
Was the writer expecting the Waratahs to pull more than the NRL match? lol

The writer was stating that the union crowd(13000) at Bankwest was greater than the Souths v Tigers crowd(18000) at ANZ stadium. Inferring that rugby league had its attendance issues with a blatant falsehood.

beave

Coach
Suncorp hasn’t had any two for one offers, but they have started selling good seats at bronze prices. Will no doubt get to 51k ish some how.

Ah I miss those days of affordable tickets and 30min sell outs.

At on sale date ticket to sit level 7 behind the post were $195 a pop.

nah, there was platinum and gold 2 for 1offers sent to those of us that bought magic round tickets mate via email. I’m f**king livid to be honest, I seem to get f**ked on every time i get tickets for origin and swear I will never go again. I bought early bird tickets in december to sit behind the goal posts. When they bring this shit out it absolutely makes a mockery of their early bird schemes. I bought 6, I could have got far better seats for the same price by just waiting for one of these bullshit deals to hit the streets.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
nah, there was platinum and gold 2 for 1offers sent to those of us that bought magic round tickets mate via email. I’m f**king livid to be honest, I seem to get f**ked on every time i get tickets for origin and swear I will never go again. I bought early bird tickets in december to sit behind the goal posts. When they bring this shit out it absolutely makes a mockery of their early bird schemes. I bought 6, I could have got far better seats for the same price by just waiting for one of these bullshit deals to hit the streets.
Whattt! I didn’t get that email. I must have unsubbed from all offers.

Yep with this pricing wait till week before always. Last year I got seats in 601 for $80