What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GB Tour - Sat 26 Oct - Tonga 14-6 GB @ Hamilton

Tonga v Great Britain

• Great Britain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MKCS

Juniors
Only ever one team in this one. I remember as a kid when Great Britain were so fierce and regularly gave Australia a run for their money. Morley, Sinfield, Keith Senior, Sculthorpe, Peacock, Farrell all were phenomenal players that wouldn't look out of place in the NRL back then (Morley was a gun when given the chance)

These days England/Great Britain is kind of a joke. Wayne Bennett shouldn't be coaching them not because he's a bad coach but because he isn't in England regularly watching these guys. I don't follow Super League but is Jackson Hastings genuinely the best halfback eligible for Britain? I know he won their player of the year but I don't see any NRL team in 2020 having Hastings as their starting half.

I struggle to believe that Roosters reservist Ryan Hall is the best left wing option for England. I understand at one stage he was phenomenal but surely they have better. Lachlan Coote I'm shocked even played because I never saw him once do anything. 4 runs for 15 metres is absolutely shocking for a fullback.

Even Graham as much as a legend he is I don't think he should be starting for England or Great Britain anymore but would probably be a decent bench option. Even Widdop and Hodgson struggled in this one and I don't get why.

Only players I was impressed by were Chris Hill, Walmsley, Bateman and at times McGillvary (Although he seemed to struggle at times also)

Poor effort.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Tonga 14 Great Britain 6:

Tonga wow fans in upset over Great Britain
Josh Robertson | October 26 2019 8:22PM

Tonga v Great Britain

Tonga have pulled up one of Rugby league's greatest upsets with an impressive 14-6 victory over the Great Britain Lions in Hamilton in front of a passionate crowd of 9,000.

The two sides were very evenly matched through the opening half hour with neither side giving an inch in defence through this period. The Tongan side was able to gain some momentum towards the latter stages of the first half.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34287-tonga-v-great-britain-report/

Storm13

Juniors
MATCH REPORT - Tonga 14 Great Britain 6:

Tonga wow fans in upset over Great Britain
Josh Robertson | October 26 2019 8:22PM

Tonga v Great Britain

Tonga have pulled up one of Rugby league's greatest upsets with an impressive 14-6 victory over the Great Britain Lions in Hamilton in front of a passionate crowd of 9,000.

The two sides were very evenly matched through the opening half hour with neither side giving an inch in defence through this period. The Tongan side was able to gain some momentum towards the latter stages of the first half.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34287-tonga-v-great-britain-report/
Not sure why it's an upset when a side beats another side who have not played for twelve years, unless they are implying this team is just England???

reanimate

Bench
These days England/Great Britain is kind of a joke.
Just two years ago they were one or two decent passes away from winning the World Cup, Australia only won 6-0. In fact, if Cronk, Smith etc didn’t go around again for that World Cup, England would likely be the current holders.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Widdop playing MaryBall.

Two tries from kicks, we’ll be right.
Im glad i wasnt the only one that caught that. Tonga scores one of the best international tries of all time and just "pfft was only off a kick". Cleary couldnt do anything about the 7 offloads and 27 passes beforehand while in defence.

If marys mentality has rubbed off that much on the roster the club is in deep shit for a very long time

BadnMean

Juniors
Poor Pommy players from Canberra can't win a thing atm.

Beaten by Tonga.

Geez.

Tonga have a great pack.
England had a few players with no business being out there- Hall, Hastings, Jones, Coote. A few others so anonymous I never got their names. Graham is well past it.

McGilvary was good in the first half but went to shit once he tired in the second half.

It's lucky Wayne brought 7 halfbacks and no other outside backs in the squad so they can do absolutely nothing about it except bring in Williams as half. Sutton would have been a better bet than Jones & Graham.