What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Knights Rep Players

Old dog

Juniors
For NSW only change might be Klemmer in if fit, Dan went good enough for another run, so more likely a bench player misses out, Sims?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Very happy for Saifiti. They would have targetted him and his tough runs off kick off pretty much hit the 22m every tkme which is rare.

Tackled his arse off and made good post contact metres and his quick play the ball kn the 1st half made a try.

Yosh

Coach
If he had just gotten the ball more often, he would have made 200m tonight. Didn't look out of place at all and Qld didn't rattle him at all.

What was up with Ponga? Then again their whole spine was off the pace today apart from Hunt.

aqua_duck

Coach
If he had just gotten the ball more often, he would have made 200m tonight. Didn't look out of place at all and Qld didn't rattle him at all.

What was up with Ponga? Then again their whole spine was off the pace today apart from Hunt.
I think Ponga got a bit pass happy, didn't really take on the line much but to be fair a wet, slippery track doesn't suit his running game and footwork

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think Ponga got a bit pass happy, didn't really take on the line much but to be fair a wet, slippery track doesn't suit his running game and footwork
I was worried he would do a knee or something by trying too hard when it started raining.

K-Man

Bench

As a Queenslander, in my opinion it had almost nothing to do with Ponga or any of the spine. We were completely dominated speed, mobility and physicality across the park. Playmakers decide the game when there's some sort of parity in the overall contest, but this was one of those games where Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith in their prime still couldn't have changed the result. It wasn't even a contest in the forwards.

I must admit, that game worried me not only for the decider but for the next few years. Fittler might have found the secret with that super mobile and dynamic forward pack and bench, and there's nothing QLD can do about it because we simply don't have other options. Our best 20 players are our best 20 players - it's both a blessing and a curse - and when you take 2-3 forwards out of that group the replacements are a huge step down in class.

What can Walters do now? Not much. 7 changes would mean doing things like dropping an underperforming Gillett and promoting someone like Hess to the starting team. It could even make things worse. Scary times for the Maroons and fans.

Pedge1971

First Grade
As a Queenslander, in my opinion it had almost nothing to do with Ponga or any of the spine. We were completely dominated speed, mobility and physicality across the park. Playmakers decide the game when there's some sort of parity in the overall contest, but this was one of those games where Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith in their prime still couldn't have changed the result. It wasn't even a contest in the forwards.

I must admit, that game worried me not only for the decider but for the next few years. Fittler might have found the secret with that super mobile and dynamic forward pack and bench, and there's nothing QLD can do about it because we simply don't have other options. Our best 20 players are our best 20 players - it's both a blessing and a curse - and when you take 2-3 forwards out of that group the replacements are a huge step down in class.

What can Walters do now? Not much. 7 changes would mean doing things like dropping an underperforming Gillett and promoting someone like Hess to the starting team. It could even make things worse. Scary times for the Maroons and fans.

Tend to agree with you mate. Very hard for a spine to win you a game with limited ball playing off the back foot when you do have it.

Best thing about Ponga's game is he wasnt hurt.

K-Man

Bench
Tend to agree with you mate. Very hard for a spine to win you a game with limited ball playing off the back foot when you do have it.

Best thing about Ponga's game is he wasnt hurt.

Yeah I think there are some players who you can very easily write off a bad game as just one of those things, and Ponga is one of those players. It wasn't his best night but he had no space or momentum to work with whatsoever. He'll be back.

Will Queensland be back though? Not so sure after that.

ryana87

Juniors
Who's ready for a good laugh

Apparently Klemmer might be overlooked if Tariq Sims fights his charge and wins

Old dog

Juniors
It’s a case of “don’t change a winning side unless injury”, or as a once famous coach said “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” also means Latrell misses out and Wighton stays.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Klemmer was basically the only forward that out performed the qld pack in game one. If they don’t pick him it will be one of the most bizarre team selections i have ever witnessed for the blues and there have been many contenders.

Yosh

Coach
Comes back early from injury to make 400m and 80 tackles and is dropped for Sims...

Still Nutty

Juniors
Klemmer was basically the only forward that out performed the qld pack in game one. If they don’t pick him it will be one of the most bizarre team selections i have ever witnessed for the blues and there have been many contenders.

At 147 metres from 14 runs and 24 tackles, Klemmer's stats for game 1 are the best of any forward from both sides in both SoO games this year...it was stated in game 1 that Klemmer didn't even know he'd broken his wrist, so Fittler's bench management in game 1 was purely his call not to put Klemmer back on in the second half - a player known for his big engine to finish out long minutes at a very high standard.

I've got to wonder if Fittler has other issues with Klemmer outside of his football to make a public call like that re Tariq Sims - with 74 metres from 9 runs and 15 tackles in game 2 and not really dominant over the course of the game, why would Fittler reject the best performing prop in the game for this pretender?

In looking at the hit by Sims, as much as he is a merkin, I don't see a grade 2 contact in that instance (and actually didn't think it was really late...certainly no where near as late or done with the malice that JWH did to Ponga) so I think downgrading is highly likely.

I'd be happy to have 'angry' Klemmer giving the Warriors nightmares this weekend but he deserves to be in the Blues decider, especially in front of Sims.

What will p!$$ me off more is if we lose game 3 because we didn't have our best enforcer on the paddock - Qld only developed momentum in game1 when Klemmer was off the field...we shall see.