What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know what, it may be full of shite, but what if it's not? What if investing in programs and staff to engage an area actually results in better fan connection? Perth comments that the NRL have withdrawn membership funding, which if true, is stupid. It's a great way to get people connected and committed to their team. Even if it's not a full membership, 3 gamers are very reasonable across all codes these days. If that GWS is a massive fudge, most likely, even half of that number competes with a handful of established NRL Sydney teams.... Put money back into Memberships NRL, it has so many positive flow on effects for the teams and the game.

I get the sense that the funding withdrawal was a reflection of clubs getting $3million un-allocated extra funding a year and the NRL's hope they would actually use this to grow their business!

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
I get the sense that the funding withdrawal was a reflection of clubs getting $3million un-allocated extra funding a year and the NRL's hope they would actually use this to grow their business!

"Hope". Genius leadership if the NRL in any way have an expectation of how that extra money is spent without any firm, official direction.

Perth Red

Post Whore
"Hope". Genius leadership if the NRL in any way have an expectation of how that extra money is spent without any firm, official direction.

Yep, but you can thank the club whinging for that. Personally I'd have attached at least $2mill of the $3 to achieving KPI outcomes or dedicated line item expenditure.
Either that or clubs really are financially screwed and the NRL knows they need all that money just to keep the doors open? When you read the clubs annual reports that are available it isn't pretty. Most are spending $25-30million and lucky to have $22mill plus revenue.

Whatever happened to the football cap?

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Yep, but you can thank the club whinging for that. Personally I'd have attached at least $2mill of the $3 to achieving KPI outcomes or dedicated line item expenditure.
Either that or clubs really are financially screwed and the NRL knows they need all that money just to keep the doors open? When you read the clubs annual reports that are available it isn't pretty. Most are spending $25-30million and lucky to have $22mill plus revenue.

Whatever happened to the football cap?

I remember there was talk about a football department cap for NRL to follow the AFL model for 2018. A discussion for another thread perhaps, but has this not been brought in? I can't find anything on it officially.

The NRL should have just pulled some of those funds and kept allocating it to membership departments. It will be a key item in continuing to grow not just support for clubs, but active support, which is significant.

taipan

Referee
Been a member of Storm since 99. how long have you been a member of your team?

Been following them since late 70s .Season ticketholder since the 80s.Even a ticket holder when they went to SL in 97.
Put in $200 toward a wall plaquesto assist the club fi ,as did many others, when they last got into deep poo.
Think I have paid my dues.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Been following them since late 70s .Season ticketholder since the 80s.Even a ticket holder when they went to SL in 97.
Put in $200 toward a wall plaquesto assist the club fi ,as did many others, when they last got into deep poo.
Think I have paid my dues.
Good on you. you are a true fan.I will follow my team through thick and thin as you have done

Latest posts