What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL All Stars - Indigenous 34-14 Maori Kiwis @ AAMI

All Stars: Indigenous v Maori Kiwis

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
I enjoyed the game. Grats to the Indigenous side who played like they knew each others games better then the Maoris. I hope this fixture continues and moves around to places that are more populated with indigenous people from both countries to give it a more authentic feel. Loved the ceremony before the game and hearing the players talking about the week leading into the game. Sometimes we forget how much more than just a game rugby league is to many people.

Rocket's tache

Juniors
The interview with Tyrone Roberts at the end.... he couldn't even bring himself to say the name Warrington. The guy dead-set stole a living from the Wolves. Good riddance & welcome Blake Austin.

Wizardman

First Grade
So people are ready to write Ponga off at 6 after his first game which was essentially a trial match with guys he hasnt played with?
Ponga looks like he read Arnie's bodybuilding encyclopedia over the off season. He looks bulky and definitely looks less mobile. I wish coaches would quit turning halves into hulks

AJB1102

First Grade
So correct me if I’m wrong but 18 year old David Fifita isn’t related to the Fifita twins?

So what are the odds that this David Fifita is also of Indigenous and Tongan heritage just like the twins? Seems very random, I wouldn’t have throught that being of those two heritages would have been so common.

Pretty sure they're cousins

Saxon

Bench
Upside - footy's back. Hooray. Some really good attacking play.

Downside - I really hope that isn't how they intend to referee the ruck this season. Players coming in late, holding on forever and dragging players back down all unpunished. Markers square is optional. Way worse than last season.

AJB1102

First Grade

Downside - I really hope that isn't how they intend to referee the ruck this season. Players coming in late, holding on forever and dragging players back down all unpunished. Markers square is optional. Way worse than last season.

Agree. The held call has to mean "let go now", not "bring him to the ground now".

Matua

Bench
Good win to the Indigenous side and the Maori show the folly of going into matches without at least one recognised half. This seems to be a uniquely NZ thing to do, the Kiwis will pick anyone as long as it's not Benji and the Warriors don't give a fudge and rolling the dice in the halves.

Even average club halves who can give a team direction would have improved the Maori side tonight. It's a waste of a pack when you have guys not used to playing in the halves and there was actually some talent in the backline (Whare, Gagai and Marsters) who can do some damage when given decent ball.

Rocket's tache

Juniors

Guess it depends on what Toddy has decreed eh ?