What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin Game 1 thread

hindy111

Post Whore
If Turbo Tom was fit he gets a spot.
Carr I dont rate but he hasnt done much wrong so gets one.

I am a big Cotric fan and he would be my winger with Fergo if Tom wasnt fit.

Gronk

Staff member
I just don’t get the Nathan Cleary love. He looks like a virgin at a toga party.

Gronk

Staff member
But he broke the game open last night with a magnificent solo try. Beat us on his own.

Good on him for being Johnny on the spot for that try. He is not an origin half. Does not create plays for his team. Yes he can defend. Yes he can find the grass with his kicks. That’s it.

Djay

Juniors
Jack Wighton?

WTF am I the only one who see's nothing in him?

Commentators wet themselves over him and I don't see why.

emjaycee

Coach
Team named:
NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has tonight named five debutants for Game One of the 2019 Holden State of Origin Series at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday 5 June.

The team will be captained by Boyd Cordner and includes 11 players from the squad that won the Holden State of Origin series last year for the first time since 2014.

The five debutants include Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric and five-eighth Jack Wighton, South Sydney Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker and lock Cameron Murray and Brisbane Broncos prop Payne Haas.

Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues Team – Origin I (Alphabetical order)
Josh Addo-Carr
Nathan Cleary
Damien Cook
Boyd Cordner (c)
Nick Cotric
Angus Crichton
Tyson Frizell
Payne Haas
David Klemmer
Latrell Mitchell
Josh Morris
Cameron Murray
James Tedesco
Jake Trbojevic
Paul Vaughan
Cody Walker
Jack Wighton

Source: https://www.nswblues.app/news/team-announcement-brydens-lawyers-nsw-blues-origin-i/

hindy111

Post Whore
Jack Wighton?

WTF am I the only one who see's nothing in him?

Commentators wet themselves over him and I don't see why.

Tough as nails.

Teddy plays off halves. I can see Walker having a stinker and Cleary plodding along and NSW not being very creative.
Qld have Ponga,Munster,Morgan and DCE. I think if their forwards c an atleast compete they'll win.

DaveMc

Juniors
Just out of interest, I looked at the list of all Origin players since its inception. The last person to debut in Origin while playing with us was Tim Mannah, back in 2010.

Latest posts