What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin III - Wed 10 Jul - NSW 26-20 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Don't understand the anger about Klemmer.

He didn't play in Game 2, which NSW won comfortably, so unless Sims is suspended I don't see a requirement to change.
And he was the best prop last series, which NSW won. He made the most meters in game 1 for NSW.

Winning one game comfortably isn't enough of a trend, is it?

You must be sad he left the dogs, it is the only explanation.

mxlegend99

Referee
And he was the best prop last series, which NSW won. He made the most meters in game 1 for NSW.

Meh. I like Klemmer and I can see why Freddy opted to reward the guys from Game 2. Chances are Sims will be suspended and Klemmer will play anyway... and Freddy is probably hoping that happens so he has both remained loyal to the winning side and strengthened it.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Sims being chosen ahead of Klemmer makes perfect sense to me. If you can withstand the expectation that comes with being coached by Mighty Mary well then you’re good enough to be picked ahead of the purported “best prop in the game”.

If you play under Mighty Mary then you have been forged in blood and iron, and nothing less than Origin is your destiny. Mary is the crucible in which Sims has been forged, the wellspring from which he flows.

That steely gaze, that gilded dome. Mary McGregor, bow down to the King.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I cant see Sims getting off tbh, I know it wasnt too bad but with NRL getting tough with these rules he's probably looking at 1-2 weeks or more. Understandably theyve named him in the squad.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

LOL. It has sweet f**k-nothing to do with Canterbury at all. I'd have no problem if he was selected (and he will likely be in the team this time tomorrow anyway).

I just don't see why it's such a big deal for some people when Fittler is rewarding the 17 blokes who smashed QLD by 32 points just over a week ago. Everyone questioned his changes for last week's game and it was fine.

Klem would be a fine addition to the side but it's hardly outrageous that he hasn't come into the side (yet).

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ponga a huge loss for Qld. Coming off a comprehensive performance and a big win in game 2, NSW should be absolutely primed for an even better game in front of a sea of sky blue.
Unfortunately, I have zero confidence they'll actually turn up again. No wins in deciders since 2005.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Yeh, apart from him being the best prop in the game and all...
Exactly. He’d be the first prop picked for Australia.

Let’s be honest, Don Tweedle could have taken a position last game and “done a job”. Doesn’t mean you keep him instead of Klemmer.

Still, Coach Timmah knows best.

2 weeks

Coach
I came to this thread to escape Mary and now I'm suffering a PTSD episode.

You people are so cruel!

Yeah i was going okay until i entered this thread, now i'm all

tenor.gif

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Looked nothing. I think he'll beat it.
haha, shoulder to the head, followed up instantly with a head clash.

He will not get off, Tariq will serve an Origin game under suspension.

Freddie doing a blue and club who provided said blue a solid.

Klemmer will play