What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R15 Sun - Warriors 18-19* Panthers @ Mt Smart

Round 15: Warriors v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wait, what? You know they tried to keep him, right? But that as his history has shown he is somewhat of a mercenary.

He decided to leave because he wanted to move back to Sydney.
Sure not good enough to keep him, good clubs keep.

edabomb

First Grade
After all the fortune the Warriors had Blake Green calls the Panthers arsey in a post match interview. Lol never change Warriors.

Bazal

Post Whore
The Warriors and the Panthers have the most tortured fan bases in the entire competition. Today it was the Warriors turn, classic performance from their mob.

Eels fans don't count, they deserve eternal torture.

Oi!

Some of us are ok. I mean, obviously not me, but I'm sure there's a decent few out there

edabomb

First Grade
If Green wants to see arsey he should go home and check his bank account versus his performances.

I get the feeling he has a huge career in sales. I know Johnson was inconsistent but how he convinced the club he's the answer I'll never know.

TheFrog

Coach
Well it wasn't a great display or spectacle again but I think we deserved the win for having to play two teams today, The Warriors and The Suttons..

By the way surely no team has scored 19 points exactly 3 games in a row before win or lose?... It's our new magic number!
We also conceded 30 3 games running earlier in the year.

Meth

Staff member
They got Luai wrong, for sure. Martin didn't deserve to go to the bin either, but some one did. For every penalty that Sutton made up, there was another one that he missed. I know I may be biased, but I don't think the refs were as big a factor as many are making out.

The Panthers deserved to win, but they also deserved to be on the wrong side of the penalty count. And Sutton put the whistle away after he binned Luai and that's when we needed those penalties the most.

We had the better of the refs for about 10 minutes either side of halftime.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Panthers 19 Warriors 18:

Maloney magic once more as Panthers pip Warriors
Tim Costello | June 30 2019 5:30PM

Warriors v Penrith Panthers

Penrith's James Maloney has done it again for his club side, a golden point field goal seeing the Panthers home 19-18 over the Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium this afternoon.

In a match that ebbed and flowed with momentum and had plenty of controversy throughout, it was Penrith who outlasted a tired Warriors side when the match went into extra time, the NSW five-eighth booting the visitors home as the siren loomed at the end of the first period of golden point.

Read the full match report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33623-warriors-v-panthers-report/

Meth

Staff member
Cleary said that the refs "knew that they had got it wrong after that"- which is a euphemistic way of saying they became very lenient towards the Panthers from that point on.

TheFrog

Coach
Cleary said that the refs "knew that they had got it wrong after that"- which is a euphemistic way of saying they became very lenient towards the Panthers from that point on.
They put the whistle away, yes.

warriors done

Kearney got very snarky when someone suggested that, but really 8 from 10 is now needed. The only game of the 10 not against a top 8 side is Broncos in Brisbane. Sharks twice and Raiders twice. It's getting into the realms of mathematically possible.

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
Sure not good enough to keep him, good clubs keep.

Sharks didn’t keep him either champ.

They made a good offer, he wanted to go home. We are in a different situation than the 15 Australian based clubs. Things like this occasionally happen.

The Roosters and Storm couldn’t keep him either.

I think your point really has missed the mark Angry. You’ve just shamed half the clubs in the comp including your own.

Lambretta

First Grade
2 soft binnings and bunker misses a player in touch to award a try. How much more help could Warriors get from the officials?

Warriors fans however think theyre getting the raw end of the stick.

The sin bin was bullshit . RTS had knocked on. Terrible decision

And he WAS out on the subsequent try

Grapple

Bench
What did you do in the end?

I didn't cash out. : /

My heart wanted them to win just as much as making a couple hundy, and kinda enjoy the risk. That's what living in Auckland and being surrounded by Warriors fans does to your psyche. Ha!