What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R16 Sat - Knights 20-24 Warriors @ McDonald Jones

Round 16: Knights v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDMC

Bench
Full time not blown so a penalty can be awarded

Was the full-time hooter not blown on time by a dirty cheating aussie full-time hooter blower?
Or was it just the dirty cheating aussie ref decided to ignore it so he could give Newcastle one final crack?

Noname36

First Grade
Do you seriously not think that your team massively benefited from referee blunders tonight?

Of course we benefitted to a degree but this is also the first week in 7 my team hasn’t had at least one player sent to the sin bin for no reason whatsoever so you won’t get much sympathy from me where referees are concerned sorry.

Oh the adversity you faced lol

Meth

Staff member
Of course we benefitted to a degree but this is also the first week in 7 my team hasn’t had at least one player sent to the sin bin for no reason whatsoever so you won’t get much sympathy from me where referees are concerned sorry.

Oh the adversity you faced lol

You’re literally bitching about the adversity you’ve faced, you bitch

nick87

Coach
I dunno, I don't really have a problem with that being called a professional foul and hence the sin binning.

I was confused because the fox sports clock was out, so it seemed weird in that context. But as you pointed out earler, thats not the official clock
In which case, he's defnitely just laying there until the siren sounds, ive got no problem with the sin bin and also it's what i'd instruct my team to do. Ill take my chances 12-13 for a single play.

But boy that game should never have come down to that last play. The knights didnt deserve to be within coooooeee of the warriors scoreboard wise.

Iafeta

Referee
Yo

you’re kidding . A 10-5 pen count but you think refs wanted the knights to win . Either you’re a moron or your eyes are painted on

Hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

Warriors 28
Newcastle Referees 18
Newcastle 2

Noname36

First Grade
You’re literally bitching about the adversity you’ve faced, you bitch

Because that’s all this entire thread has been about, it wasn’t until the late try that everyone was saying that the refs “cost” the game for the Warriors. Give me a f**king break. They had that game lined up on a platter for them before it started and if they hadn’t won it would have been embrassing regardless of the refs. Im highlighting that every team cops shit calls and using the knights as an example. You won anyway.

bileduct

Coach
I was confused because the fox sports clock was out, so it seemed weird in that context. But as you pointed out earler, thats not the official clock
When I worked there the Fox Sports clock was controlled by the guy doing the stats, and I was responsible for the system he used. He'd sit there with a tablet with an overlay which had a timer box which he'd touch with the tablet pen whenever the ref called time off, and it would send a signal to the workstation that produces the onscreen graphics which would stop the onscreen timer. The stats dude can be late to react to the referee, so the Fox Sports clock gets out of sync with the official timekeeper.

That role got farmed off to Champion Data, but I'm pretty sure it'll still be done in a similar way.

Iafeta

Referee
Because that’s all this entire thread has been about, it wasn’t until the late try that everyone was saying that the refs “cost” the game for the Warriors. Give me a f**king break. They had that game lined up on a platter for them before it started and if they hadn’t won it would have been embrassing regardless of the refs. Im highlighting that every team cops shit calls and using the knights as an example. You won anyway.

First try comes off a phantom six again when Lino drops it cold.

Second try comes after Hymel Hunts left hand knocks the ball on.

Ken Maumalo scores a third try which is ruled out.

Final try for Newcastle comes after Hiku being knocked out and Gavin Badger blatantly ignoring the protocols of the code to allow play to continue.

When Lisone scored, Newcastle blatantly knock on at the restart but a phantom knock on is called against the Warriors.

Final play, Agnatius Paasi is sin binned after time had expired after the time keeper failed to blow the siren giving Newcastle yet another attempt.

Excuse me, but there is far more wrong with this game then the last try.

nick87

Coach
When I worked there the Fox Sports clock was controlled by the guy doing the stats, and I was responsible for the system he used. He'd sit there with a tablet with an overlay which had a timer box which he'd touch with the tablet pen whenever the ref called time off, and it would send a signal to the workstation that produces the onscreen graphics which would stop the onscreen timer. The stats dude can be late to react to the referee, so the Fox Sports clock gets out of sync with the official timekeeper.

That role got farmed off to Champion Data, but I'm pretty sure it'll still be done in a similar way.
hmmm, wow. That's interesting. Guess it would seem easy enough to be 2-3 seconds off, but i watch a lot of fox sports footy and they are usually pretty on song.
Still got, to go with the official time keepers and in which case it's ABSOLUTELY a sin bin

Noname36

First Grade
First try comes off a phantom six again when Lino drops it cold.

Second try comes after Hymel Hunts left hand knocks the ball on.

Ken Maumalo scores a third try which is ruled out.

Final try for Newcastle comes after Hiku being knocked out and Gavin Badger blatantly ignoring the protocols of the code to allow play to continue.

When Lisone scored, Newcastle blatantly knock on at the restart but a phantom knock on is called against the Warriors.

Final play, Agnatius Paasi is sin binned after time had expired after the time keeper failed me to blow the siren giving Newcastle yet another try.

Excuse me, but there is far more wrong with this game then the last try.

Yes all poor errors by the refs?

I’m not saying that the calls were right, just that the whinging is over the top considering every single game you have a list of calls like that. The quality of officiating is at an all time low. The hysteria in here about the “poor Warriors” is what I’m talking about, not that I disagreeing that the rulings were poor. I said we got lucky after a call or two in this very thread.