2019 R22 Sat - Storm 18-22 Raiders @ AAMI

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers / Match Discussion' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Round 22: Storm v Raiders

Poll closed Aug 17, 2019.
  1. Melbourne Storm

81.8%
  2. Canberra Raiders

18.2%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NRL 2019 - Round 22
    Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders
    AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
    Saturday 17 August 2019

Gates 4:30pm / NRL 5:30pm

[​IMG]

1. Jahrome Hughes 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Brodie Croft 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
    Interchange: 14. Tui Kamikamica 15. Tino Faasuamaleaui 16. Joe Stimson 17. Ryan Papenhuyzen 18. Max King 19. Tom Eisenhuth 20. Sandor Earl 21. Billy Walters

[​IMG]

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Josh Papalii 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Iosia Soliola 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
    Interchange: 14. Bailey Simonsson 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Ryan Sutton 18. Sam Williams 19. Hudson Young 20. Siliva Havili 21. Emre Guler

[​IMG]

Referees: Ben Cummins, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
    Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Nick Beashel
    Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Feeder club info
    Storm: Easts Tigers, Sunshine Coast Falcons (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s), Victoria Thunderbolts (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
    Raiders: Mounties (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup); Canberra Raiders (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
    Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
  2. The Vaulting Violinist

The Vaulting Violinist Bench

Storm by 14 John robot long lunches in Carlton

3. Meapro Ham

Meapro Ham Juniors

If Raiders lose this they’ll be 0-5 against Melb/Roosters/Souths. Beating up teams below them but yet to prove they can match it with the main contenders.

Melbourne by 8.

4. Chief_Chujo

Chief_Chujo Bench

I'm hopeful. We can match it with the top teams, just need to find that last bit to get us over the line.

If we lose this we probably have to win our last 3 to keep a top 4 spot. Dropping those games to eels and manly after having good leads has really come back to bite.

5. I Bleed Maroon

I Bleed Maroon Referee

Canberra are going to be a threatening side over the next few seasons, but 2019 is a 2 team competition, and they're 4th in the pecking order. Bellyache won't cop losses to fellow top 4 sides this late in the year.

6. Walt Flanigan

Walt Flanigan Referee

Will be interesting. We had a pretty easy run leading up to last week and I think the Roosters game will have us in good stead for this game. Can't see us winning but I think it will be a good contest.

STORM.99/07 likes this.
  7. This Year?

This Year? Coach

I would love to watch the clappers beat the cowbells. It would make my weekend. Unfortunately the footy gods don't give a shit about my weekend, so Storm will win this in a frustratingly slow and predictable way like they always do.

Sphagnum likes this.
  8. moffla

moffla Juniors

I was another finals intensity type of game. Last year leading into finals our downfall was not matching other teams energy and we had a bad run. I think this is what partly cost us in the Grand Final.

I'm happy we have a desperate Canberra and Manly still to come, will kinda be able to see where things stand going into September.

9. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

If we beat this mob I will piggy back Ricky Stuart around Canberra for the rest of the year.

10. STORM.99/07

STORM.99/07 Juniors

Storm by 16

11. Saxon

Saxon Juniors

That would almost be worth it to watch.
    Ricky: Kambah's been nice but I'm bored now. AlwaysGreen, onward to Bonner. Smartly now.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    gerg, Bloke, Hutty1986 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rhyno

Rhyno First Grade

Raiders by 4

13. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

I hear BJ and his bulging dick are making a return this week.

Walt Flanigan likes this.
  14. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

We smashed the Storm and Sharks in consecutive weeks leading into the 2016 finals, then lost to them both in the finals. Yet I believe this Raiders team is probably better than that one. Maybe it really was a soft comp that year?

15. GongPanther

GongPanther Coach

Raiders didn't quite seem like themselves V the Roosters last week. I expected a more controlled and dominating performance being at home in front of a packed home crowd.

But for some reason, the Raiders seemed to be playing conservatively against a side which I thought they would have put the sword to, or maybe they had too much on their minds about the bigger fish that is awaiting them this weekend in the Storm.

Sure most of us were thinking before last weeks game against the Easts side how far that game would go in as far as judging where they stood in the pecking order.

Or maybe the bigger fish they can hook later on would be more beneficial...for later use. Sure this is all psychological hyperbole, but this is nearing the pointy end of the competition proper. And this is not the first time this scenario has played out.

For me, Sticky is going to have his troops really ready for this. This will be the game that will mark the Raiders not only a realistic chance for this years grand final win, but a team that will be herald in as a top 4 side for at least the next 5 years.

Raiders by 10.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  16. AJB1102

AJB1102 Bench

Should be a cracker. Grubby Stormers and niggly mongrel Poms. Looking good for a boil over until the ref starts penalising for it getting too rough.

17. OldPanther

OldPanther Coach

A little history on the wrestle before the Storm game.

Sphagnum likes this.
  18. bileduct

bileduct Coach

I assume Sezer will be taking over goal kicking duties today after Croker became a permanent fixture of the GIO Stadium turf last weekend...

19. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

I've tipped Raiders in this one. I definitely think they have the team to beat the Storm and feel like Storm are due another loss.

20. SBD82

SBD82 First Grade

Leilua back is huge for the Raiders in my opinion.

With so much of their attack based around Hodgson, teams can focus their defence to the middle. BJ creates a lot of X factor for the raiders and uncertainty for the defensive line.

Having said that, BJ is just as likely to completely f**k up the game for them.