What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R8 Sat - Roosters 42-12 Wests Tigers @ SCG

Round 8: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
Roosters win comps then add even more rep players to their playing roster the year after whilst losing none. Can I get a hell yeah?

I remember when we won it back in 05 we lost like half our squad the following 2 years

Is Fergo not considered a rep player?

This Year?

Immortal
Souths, Storm and Sharks are the only teams that could trouble the Roosters. This game will showed the huge gap in quality between the top 4 and everyone else. I think the honeymoon period is over for Maguire and now he really sees how much work has to be done to make the Tigers a competitive force instead of perrenial strugglers.
I will be very surprised if the Roosters don't go back to back.

The unknown

Juniors
Souths, Storm and Sharks are the only teams that could trouble the Roosters. This game will showed the huge gap in quality between the top 4 and everyone else. I think the honeymoon period is over for Maguire and now he really sees how much work has to be done to make the Tigers a competitive force instead of perrenial strugglers.

I'd replace sharks with your mob and Manly could trouble those sides on their day aswell

Our honeymoon period ended in the 1st half against the dogs when we just looked flat and pathetic, for some reason we went away from what worked so well in the two rounds and have struggled since. That and our squad is full of overpaid hacks on long contracts

This Year?

Immortal
I'd replace sharks with your mob and Manly could trouble those sides on their day aswell

Our honeymoon period ended in the 1st half against the dogs when we just looked flat and pathetic, for some reason we went away from what worked so well in the two rounds and have struggled since. That and our squad is full of overpaid hacks on long contracts
It puzzles me how or why they went away from it. They looked great in the 1st 2 games. Tigers fans deserve much better than the team is showing right now.

Front-Rower

First Grade
It puzzles me how or why they went away from it. They looked great in the 1st 2 games. Tigers fans deserve much better than the team is showing right now.

What did we do in the first 2 games??

Against Manly we got very lucky they weren’t leading 8-0 at half time. From there we scored of a rebounded kick and a missed one-on-one tackle.

The second game, well it was the warriors.

The unknown

Juniors
What did we do in the first 2 games??

Against Manly we got very lucky they weren’t leading 8-0 at half time. From there we scored of a rebounded kick and a missed one-on-one tackle.

The second game, well it was the warriors.

Energy is a big thing. Our line speed in the first 2 games frustrated the Warriors and Manly and we piled on the points. Non existent since

Did you watch the Roosters game? we kept pinning them down their end with no follow up aggressive defense.

I was watching the game and wondering why the fk aren't they moving up, they looked like sloths

We were so slow getting up on Latrell everytime he touched the ball he could've negotiated a contract with Souffs and still had plenty of time.

adamkungl

Immortal

Souths and Raiders are rounding out the top 3 for me.
Storm in at 4 but a bit of rough form at the moment.
Cronulla are doing better than I expected but still don't think they have they cattle or the coach to go deep this year.

Really disappointed in what Broncos and Penrith are dishing up. Thought they'd be thereabouts, absolute garbage and we're approaching Origin time. Running out of weeks to turn it around.