What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd1: Parramatta v Penrith LIVE GAME DAY thread March 17

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think Jennings had no chance to downgrade mate.

Considering he fell into the tackle he had to be a chance to get a downgrade, but it won’t matter we didn’t challenge another one. When was the last time we did??? Junior Paulo in 2014 or 15???

T.S Quint

Coach
The NRL now seems to be taking into account the injury sustained by the fouled player. I think it’s harsh to give him the extra punishment on the field only to then have him cop a higher grade off it as well because Yeo was concussed.

Bazal

Post Whore
Hang on a sec

Isn't Mennings a f**ken shithouse past it old hack who should be at Wenty?

Why are we pissed off he's missing a game?

Incorrect

Coach
As has been mentioned around these parts, the sin binning AND subsequent suspension punishes the team twice. One of the arguments for pushing the sin binning option was that suspensions like the one Jennings is now copping benefits our opponents next week and nobody else. The sin binning gives the Panthers are leg up in the game where the offence took place. Is that not the new aim? If the new sin bin rule stands, then it's a massive blow to lose the player for 10 minutes and subsequent weeks. And on top of all this, anyone copping a forearm or closed fist anywhere remotely high especially in the last 15-20 minutes of a game, could well be encouraged to overstate/oversell the extent of the impact....

Incorrect

Coach
Hang on a sec

Isn't Mennings a f**ken shithouse past it old hack who should be at Wenty?

Why are we pissed off he's missing a game?
It's the principle Baz....

To be honest I would've been quietly chuffed if he he was rubbed out for 5 or 6 games....

Gronk

Staff member
The NRL now seems to be taking into account the injury sustained by the fouled player. I think it’s harsh to give him the extra punishment on the field only to then have him cop a higher grade off it as well because Yeo was concussed.
I agree. I have never understood the premise that I get longer if you have a glass jaw compared to Gallen who I couldn’t hurt with an axe. Same accidental high shot but punishment differs because of the injury ? Pfft.

Bazal

Post Whore
I agree. I have never understood the premise that I get longer if you have a glass jaw compared to Gallen who I couldn’t hurt with an axe. Same accidental high shot but punishment differs because of the injury ? Pfft.

It does bring up a question though.

If we're taking into account injury, does Gallen get suspended if some merkin breaks his forearm across his cinderblock head?

Gronk

Staff member
It's the principle Baz....

To be honest I would've been quietly chuffed if he he was rubbed out for 5 or 6 games....

You cannot be serious !

CourageousUnconsciousHoiho-max-1mb.gif