What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Squad

tiger102

Juniors
So with Robbie and Benji signing on our squad is starting to come together with only 3 spots (currently) available. This is the 2019 squad so far

1. Moses Mbye
  2. David Nofoaluma
  3. Esan Marsters
  4. Mahe Fonua
  5. Cory Thompson
  6. Josh Reynolds
  7. Luke Brooks
  8. Russell Packer
  9. Jacob Liddle
  10. Ben Matulino
  11. Chris Lawrence
  12. Michael Chee-Kam
  13. Elijah Taylor
  14. Alex Twal
  15. Tyson Gamble
  16. Matt Eisenhuth
  17. Robbie Rochow
  18. Chris McQueen (rumored leaving)
  19. Josh Aloiai
  20. Oliver Clarke
  21. Luke Garner
  22. Sam McIntyre
  23. Tom Mikaele
  24. Dylan Smith
  25. Robbie Farah
  26. Benji Marshall
  27. Paul Momirovski (confirmed by NRL.com, nothing from the club yet)

Development Players:
1. Jock Madden - Australian Schoolboys 5/8 from Knights
2. Alex Seyfarth - NSW U/18s backrower
3. Kane Bradley - 195cm 102kg 18-year-old back rower from Saints, NSW pathways member
We also have signed Tommy Talau and Logen Dillon from Dogs SG Ball. Robbie Rochow maybe leaving just a rumor at the moment.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We also have signed Tommy Talau and Logen Dillon from Dogs SG Ball. Robbie Rochow maybe leaving just a rumor at the moment.

Cheers mate. Any idea if those boys from the dogs are development players or just juniors?

Rochow was really good the first 5-6 weeks but then just got horrible.

tiger102

Juniors
Cheers mate. Any idea if those boys from the dogs are development players or just juniors?

Rochow was really good the first 5-6 weeks but then just got horrible.
Not to sure mate, but both very good players going by the Bulldogs forum. Just need to sign a bloody good young center.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not to sure mate, but both very good players going by the Bulldogs forum. Just need to sign a bloody good young center.

Agree re center however Mimorovski looks promising, I always like signing guys from strong clubs like Easts as they come with that professionalism and winning culture. You never know with these unproven guys though, could be JAC or could be Taane Milne.

From what I’ve read Dillon was the leading try scorer in SG Ball and wanted by numerous clubs. Talau is a strong running 5/8 or lock who obviously has good pedigree.

Our juniour recruitment has been terrible over the last 2 years so good to see it picking back up again.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I noticed that Roosters center is official now. Stuck behind Mitchell and Matterson at the goosters so it was hard to get a run there
Russell I think u meant Mitchell & Manu.The bondi effluent have arguably the 2 best young centres in the nrl.It wouldn’t surprise me if by the end of their careers manu has a more superior career than lateral.

Matterson is a quality utility to have coming off bench.

tiger102

Juniors
Agree re-center, however, Mimorovski looks promising, I always like signing guys from strong clubs like Easts as they come with that professionalism and winning culture. You never know with these unproven guys though, could be JAC or could be Taane Milne.

From what I’ve read Dillon was the leading try scorer in SG Ball and wanted by numerous clubs. Talau is a strong running 5/8 or lock who obviously has a good pedigree.

Our junior recruitment has been terrible over the last 2 years so good to see it picking back up again.
I read somewhere that Dillon wants to play fullback, not on the wing. Good to see we are signing guys from strong clubs for once. The storm U20s up here in Qld have some very good players the club would look at.

gordsy

Juniors
Agree re center however Mimorovski looks promising, I always like signing guys from strong clubs like Easts as they come with that professionalism and winning culture. You never know with these unproven guys though, could be JAC or could be Taane Milne.

From what I’ve read Dillon was the leading try scorer in SG Ball and wanted by numerous clubs. Talau is a strong running 5/8 or lock who obviously has good pedigree.

Our juniour recruitment has been terrible over the last 2 years so good to see it picking back up again.
It's a good start but who are the players to mentor them as they come through. We seem to be made up of characters from the wizard of Oz,

Liddle and Reynolds would be the Tinmen.
Packer could be the cowardly Lion {only tough when on the drink}. Rochow could be in the group too.
Nofo, Milne, Fahnau could be the scarecrow, as could cleary with his stupid signings.

Tiger05

First Grade
That is pretty funny but I don't think the situation is that bad. I thought at the start of the year Liddle and Tui had to really come on. They didn't and we still had a better season than last season.

We had some good moments and we had no hooker which is a critical position for a long part of the season.

I'm not too disappointed with this season but we do need some quality signings. I honestly think we need to target some players like Ponga. Just try and get gun juniors and hope they kick on.

The issue is that we really need a couple of top line players as well as Liddle and Reynolds to harden up next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mimorovski looks a decent prospect. Moves well and knows his way to the line. Didn’t get much ball as Cornish is a hog and then he got moved to the wing after the winger got injured. Has a lanky frame which will fill out with fulltime training.

Dylan Smith and Tom Mikaele continue to impress. Interested to see if Smith could be a wing/center option as Mbye has fullback wrapped up.

A guy from my work played at Engadine Dragons with Smith his whole juniour career and he’s only ever played fullback apparently.

Latest posts