What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

TDD91

Juniors
Oh but it is.

Yup, all the relegation games are kicking off at 7:45 on Friday night. Wigan moved up to Thursday night.

Moving multiple games with less than a week's notice is moronic though. Should have been announced weeks ago.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So a question for our English friends. What is the best scenario for the game over there as a whole?

I personally would love to see London stay, the thought of potentially seeing Toronto, Catalans and London in the top level excited me (or even 2 x france). However realistically London are a lot smaller than the other clubs in the relegation battle. What would be the best for the game itself?

Hull fc to move back to Gateshead and Rovers given their place lol.

Reality is london play in a stadium not fit for SL in front of crowds not fit for SL. If they stay up this year it’s only a matter of time for them sadly. They dont have the fan base or revenue to thrive in SL. Whoever stays up will have done so fair and square so good luck everyone.

Stallion

First Grade

Reality is london play in a stadium not fit for SL in front of crowds not fit for SL. If they stay up this year it’s only a matter of time for them sadly. They dont have the fan base or revenue to thrive in SL. Whoever stays up will have done so fair and square so good luck everyone.

Wonder if the London Scholars are a possible future bigtime team based out of London? The name is catchy and could be well. marketed if done the right way. For example getting University/educational backing and support. The cultural clash of the southern based Skolars v the northern clubs could be promoted very effectively! ?

Bojackhorseman

Juniors

Promoted to super league and plays out of a stadium that holds 3000. Doesn’t ring true does it?

deluded pom?

Coach
Yup, all the relegation games are kicking off at 7:45 on Friday night. Wigan moved up to Thursday night.

Moving multiple games with less than a week's notice is moronic though. Should have been announced weeks ago.
It should be sorted out when the fixtures are first announced that all of the final round of SL games will kick off at the same time on the same day.

adamkungl

Immortal
So a question for our English friends. What is the best scenario for the game over there as a whole?

I personally would love to see London stay, the thought of potentially seeing Toronto, Catalans and London in the top level excited me (or even 2 x france). However realistically London are a lot smaller than the other clubs in the relegation battle. What would be the best for the game itself?

Obligatory I'm-not-English but

London might be a small club now but we're never gonna have a big club in London without putting the hard work in.
London growing every year is crucial for the future of Super League.
However SL head office should be pressuring them to move up to a better stadium.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
London and Wakey should consider agreeing on a draw banking on Salford beating Hull KR. I still don't know why the Tigers and Sharks didn't do that in the NRL last week. Would have gauranteed them both into the finals.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If I was Rovers Id be 5min late out the changing room and have a majjor stoppage for injury as soon as kicks off so Wakey dont know what the score is likely to be!

adamkungl

Immortal
I used to like you adam.

Yeah look. My interest in Super League is largely academic. A love of the game rather than any specific club. I don't buy into the old rivalries all the way from Sydney.
I half-arsedly support Catalans but they're too inept to truly get invested in, I don't mind Wigan. This year I'm backing London just to stay up because of their potential value to the sport.

This is how I have come to my relegation hopes:
4 - London. Potential value in a growing capital presence tops current crowd and stadium concerns.
3 - Hull KR. Decent crowds, relatively. Good rivalry with Hull FC.
2 - Huddersfield. Dud crowds, nice stadium.
1 - Wakefield. Dud crowds, dump stadium.

Storm13

Juniors
Yeah look. My interest in Super League is largely academic. A love of the game rather than any specific club. I don't buy into the old rivalries all the way from Sydney.
I half-arsedly support Catalans but they're too inept to truly get invested in, I don't mind Wigan. This year I'm backing London just to stay up because of their potential value to the sport.

This is how I have come to my relegation hopes:
4 - London. Potential value in a growing capital presence tops current crowd and stadium concerns.
3 - Hull KR. Decent crowds, relatively. Good rivalry with Hull FC.
2 - Huddersfield. Dud crowds, nice stadium.
1 - Wakefield. Dud crowds, dump stadium.

I agree with most those points. But London ain't going to achieve anything unless big money is thrown at them. They're better off growing in the Championship if they're can't take that next step, than trying to survive every year and cycling out players.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I agree with most those points. But London ain't going to achieve anything unless big money is thrown at them. They're better off growing in the Championship if they're can't take that next step, than trying to survive every year and cycling out players.
If and it’s a big if teams like Toronto, Ottawa and New York etc ever reach super league then super league with its transatlantic dimension makes big iconic and world renowned cities like London a more attractive proposition for wealthy investors to sink their money into.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They've only really had one successful period and that was when Richard Branson and the Brisbane Broncos were owning them. They arent self sustainable, that's their big problem and eventually investors want a return or they walk.

deluded pom?

Coach
They've only really had one successful period and that was when Richard Branson and the Brisbane Broncos were owning them. They arent self sustainable, that's their big problem and eventually investors want a return or they walk.
Who in their right minds invests in a RL club hoping for a return? Ask Neil Hudgell if he's making a profit on 7,000 + attendances.