What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

deluded pom?

Coach
One would think 'not going broke and being forced to sell the club at cut price' is in itself a pretty good incentive to not go broke.

Point penalty seems oddly redundant and only hurts the "new" club rather than those responsible.
Sorry I misread your earlier post. Ignore this.

Springs09

Juniors
Went to Warrington v Castleford last night. You could teach us a thing or two about atmosphere.

Not too experienced with nrl games but seemed to be a wider demographic than what I’ve seen at nrl games

deluded pom?

Coach
Wigan beaten again losing 14-6 at home to Huddersfield. Hull battered Leeds after going 10-0 behind and then scoring 34 unanswered points. Saints comfortably accounted for London 26-0. Lam and Furner to share a taxi?

JFK Files

Juniors
I think Wigan are too small so they have very little go forward and the fact is they are playing without a no.7.
I'd play Harry Smith there next week, he can't be any worse than Leuluai for starters and at least has a great kicking game.
FFS, who does the recruitment at Leeds, do they realise that Lolohea was reserve for Tigers 2nd team last year ? and when you pair him with Myler that must be the worst halves in the SL.
The key to HFC is keeping Westerman fit, since he has been back he takes the pressure off Sneyd. They still have Jake Connor to come back into the team so they are looking dangerous, Shaul is awesome this year.
How good was Kruise Leeming for the Giants ? best player by a mile.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Went to Warrington v Castleford last night. You could teach us a thing or two about atmosphere.

Not too experienced with nrl games but seemed to be a wider demographic than what I’ve seen at nrl games

Was it a good crowd in numbers. Or was the mix more varied? NRL crowds have mostly a mix of lower working class and middle class. However it does attract upper class when the game is a much watch.

Springs09

Juniors
Was it a good crowd in numbers. Or was the mix more varied? NRL crowds have mostly a mix of lower working class and middle class. However it does attract upper class when the game is a much watch.

Yeah Stallion I can tell because I have the ability to differentiate classes by looking at their face.

I mean there seemed to be more elderly, more groups of women and more young girls, largely owing to Warrington showcasing their junior girls teams during the game.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Salford 46 Catalans 0. Disappointing.

Had a look at the Salford side and the majority of the side is local with only Jackson Hastings & Robert Lui among any notable Aussies, meanwhile in another part of France 6000 fans turned up for the Championship game in Toulouse to watch the home side turn a half time deficit into a massive win over leaders Toronto Wolfpack to hand them a rare loss, big turn around in form for Olympique.

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah Stallion I can tell because I have the ability to differentiate classes by looking at their face.

I mean there seemed to be more elderly, more groups of women and more young girls, largely owing to Warrington showcasing their junior girls teams during the game.

Lol. Sometimes the tweed jackets are a giveaway with the higher ticket prices in prime viewing spots at grounds for demographic references.
But understand what you have informed of: A female centric promotion which is great to know.

milton

Juniors
Catalans were poor. Surely there are better players in France than Langi and Whitley, their right side defence was poor. McNamara seems reluctant to give any French back a go. Romano who they have loaned to Toulouse has been exceptional for them at the right centre position

JFK Files

Juniors
Wow Salford were great, I don’t know their completion rate but it would’ve been high. Jake Bibby was great in the centres and Niall Evalds is one of the best players in SL

Storm13

Juniors
Catalans were poor. Surely there are better players in France than Langi and Whitley, their right side defence was poor. McNamara seems reluctant to give any French back a go. Romano who they have loaned to Toulouse has been exceptional for them at the right centre position
I bought this up in another forum where players like Romano, who have played great in the trials and has been in the squad for some time now, but then a player like Whitley comes along and is given first crack in the backline. Happens year after year. Need half the squad to get injured before you will get a chance if you're french. How many players have to get injured before Lucas can play in the halves and the player most likely to get dropped for Kasiano will most likely be french.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Has Romano even played for the dragons in a super league fixture or CC game??

Let’s see what he can bring to the party. Like you say he can’t be any worse than langi and Whitley or thornley before that.

adamkungl

Immortal
Typical Catalans, get a good win up then get flogged a week later.

Wigan are cooked. Adrian Lam could have a very short coaching career.

adamkungl

Immortal
London v Leeds will be an interesting one next week.

Leeds have talent across the park but don't put the effort in.
London have the worst roster in the League according to most pundits, but put in a massive effort every week.

Pity this isn't on Sky, it should be a good one