What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Women's Origin - NSW 14-4 QLD @ North Sydney

Women's Origin: NSW Women v QLD Women

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
The Blues were awesome in that second half, great with and without the ball and were coming up with big plays after big plays. A well deserved win and they're doing a fantastic job down there promoting the game for the next generation who are only going to be bigger and better.

Thought the Queensland women were brave in defeat. Hancock and Lenarduzzi left nothing in the tank and they did well to hang in as long as they did. It's disappointing that Baker and Brigginshaw carried injuries and it prevented the contest of reaching the heights it should have. Both of them are much better players than what they showed tonight and I hope they can deliver on that in the coming NRLW season.

stryker

First Grade
The women play for the love of the game, the men play for the love of money.

2 different passions, and it shows.
Nah I dont agree.
Tune in tomorrow and youll see 3 more passionate and skillful games than what you saw tonight. Sunday's game even more so. Tonights game was open schoolboy standard in comparison.

Stallion

First Grade
Nah I dont agree.
Tune in tomorrow and youll see 3 more passionate and skillful games than what you saw tonight. Sunday's game even more so. Tonights game was open schoolboy standard in comparison.

All rugby league is good !

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Nah I dont agree.
So Jeff. What will we witness tomorrow night?

Typical NRL niggle, holding down in tackles, wrestling and slow down of plays?

At least the women's SoO was free flowing, free of grub, flowed well and had a fair degree of skill.

Watch 30 year old Brazilian cage fighting if you want death.

Fangs

Coach
Not a great game of football but very competitive. Very poor kicking from both sides but was impressed with Studdon and Brigginshaw. Showing more in attack than most halves in the men's competition.

Good crowd too. In a couple years I'd like to see it moved to a bigger stadium as the following builds up.

stryker

First Grade
So Jeff. What will we witness tomorrow night?

Typical NRL niggle, holding down in tackles, wrestling and slow down of plays?

At least the women's SoO was free flowing, free of grub, flowed well and had a fair degree of skill.

Watch 30 year old Brazilian cage fighting if you want death.
It was dull for want of a better word. It didnt open up until late. The first 30 minutes was one pass off the ruck, predictable and slow.
We will witness the opposite of this tonight.

kbw

Bench
I liked it I liked the work the forwards did in defence and the effort.
When you get 2 teams that can defend well you aren't going to see the ball thrown around.

If you like the ball thrown around willy nilly go and watch recordings of the old NYC games and 65-50 score lines.

I agree some of the general play kicking was not the best, but there was alot to like about it, not just a QLD loss.
Although I do hope QLDs form flows onto the Broncos in the WNRL. I hated seem them win because they flouted the rules and were arrogant. Every body was told they could not train before Aug but the Broncs had been since March or earlier

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
It was dull for want of a better word. It didnt open up until late. The first 30 minutes was one pass off the ruck, predictable and slow.
We will witness the opposite of this tonight.
So far you are absolutely correct. But it's only 5 minutes old.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Women's State of Origin:

Studdon steers Blues to Womens Origin victory
Andrew Ferguson | June 21 2019 9:15PM

New South Wales Women v Queensland Women

NSW has produced a brilliant second half performance to come from a halftime deficit to win by 14-4 in front of 10,515 fans at North Sydney Oval.

The Blues controlled the game and dominated field position for the early stages of the first half, but some penalties and good play by the Maroons saw them get right into the game and eventually claim the halftime lead. However the second half the Blues ran away with the match, lead by a brilliant Maddie Studdon performance, to retain the Origin title.

Read the full match report: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33570-nsw-women-v-qld-women-report/

Billythekid

First Grade
I enjoyed the game but it needs to be a best of 3. Best of 1s do nothing to build up the concept or the rivalry and make it feel like an exhibition match before the real thing.

They’re already attracting 10K+ paying fans so I’m sure we could justify 3 games. Can’t wait till we have the standalone period because then they’ll need more content and I’m sure we’ll get a best of 3.