What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020/21 Offseason - Knights

Silent Knight

First Grade
I guess that's the plan right? And keep Pearce around just to help the kids bed in.

If Pearce is on $680,000, after he leaves, I wonder where we spend that money because the spine looks set.

I wouldn't mind going for a mid-priced backrower so Fitzgibbon isn't in the starting 13. Not at Frizell's price range, but still a player that can create a bit of uncertainty near the line and link up with the outside backs. The fact that Fitz can easily hold down his starting backrow position while delivering the same monotone output every week tells me there is no one behind him banging down the door for selection.

It is also disheartening that the next backrower in line is Brodie Jones who just appears to be an even more vanilla version of Fitz. Jones has no impact, he's not running dangerous lines and has no ballplaying ability to speak of. Vanilla. Yes I know he's young, but generally you should be developing your skill set in the lower grades, he's not going to miraculously turn into Ben Kennedy Mk II in the NRL furnace.

I also want to see how Sauaso Sue goes as a bench prop. O'Brien has a knack for getting the best out of our front rowers, but if he doesn't provide similar impact to what Herman Ese'ese did for us maybe we should go to market for an impact prop. I loved it last year when Jacob and Herman came on because you know they were going to tear the opposing team a new one.

But in all likelihood that money will just go into upgrades for the likes of Hodgson and Young if they impress in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Maybe we can produce the next creative back rower from either Dom Young or Shibasaki? I think it's very doable if they fill out a bit more. No? Not possible at all??

Knight76

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/ba0770365f4cb55cc60b549c76cdd6c7

You have to wonder why the media seem to hate this club so much....

If I was the club, I would refuse any invitations to appear on shows like 360 as well as refuse any correspondence from Daily Telegraph

Those vultures don't like any clubs. They feed on misery and couldn't care less about feelings and integrity. All for the good of grabbing a headline.

Look at Buzz and his article on Cronk.

Latest posts