What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 EF2 (6 v 7) - Rabbitohs 46-20 Knights @ ANZ

Finals Week 1: Rabbitohs v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Finals Week 1
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Newcastle Knights
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Sunday 4 October 2020

Kickoff 4:05pm - Nine / Fox

TL-SOU20a.png

1. Corey Allan 2. Alex Johnston 3. Campbell Graham 4. Dane Gagai 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'A 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray
Interchange: 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Liam Knight 16. Jed Cartwright 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Steven Marsters 19. Hame Sele 20. Troy Dargan 21. Patrick Mago

TL-NEW20a.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Mason Lino 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Kurt Mann 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Chris Randall 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Herman Ese'ese 17. Sione Mata'utia 18. Josh King 19. Gehamat Shibasaki 20. Tex Hoy 21. Brodie Jones

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell

Last edited by a moderator:

yobbo84

First Grade
So votes on which player forgets to change his clocks and rocks up an hour late? :D

Valheru

Coach
Not sure who will win this.

Both have been up and down.

A high scoring thriller either way.

This Year?

Immortal
This is a HUGE ask for the Knights and I hope they give it a real shake. This game will be invaluable experience for them and a great reward for their fans. Souths have everything in their favour and will most likely win it, but imagine the lols if they don't.

The_Frog

First Grade
This game is nowhere near as cut and dried as people seem to think. It has to be remembered that the Roosters ran dead on the weekend, that is the only way any team anywhere could put 60 on them. Bennett will have to bring his team back to Earth very quickly after that game. If it had been played on merit, I think the Knights would be close to favourites at home. They will need to dictate how this game is played to win, up the middle and tackle everything that moves, and ensure the outside backs DO NOT creep infield when defending. That is the secret to beating Souths, dominate the rucks and cut off the supply of ball to their dangerous backs and stop Walker, who is in stellar form. Knights have done it already this year. If they can't do it this time, then Mad Monday it is.

lose - lose scenario for me.... i dont mind either of these teams... got more of a soft spot for the knights though after what their fans had to endure for 4 years straight...so i'll back the knights in this one ... in a tryfest, 34-28

azza29

Juniors
Knights for me, Bunnies will inexplicably fall apart due to elation of scoring so many points on Friday night.

perverse

Referee
Our best hope at winning this would be if Souths come out very flat after a boilover last match. It's probably feasible. We need to play orders of magnitude better than the dross that we dished up against the Titans. We have it in us, but we really have limped through the back half of this year as the injuries built up. We've got a few back now, but it looks like it's too late. We look fried.

Still, cool to see my team in the finals again. Hopefully we can take this year and really build on it.

Apey

Staff member
i think we're basically no chance unfortunately. While I expect us to aim up a lot more than we did in our last performance, ultimately I think Pearce is cooked and that's not a good state for your halfback, top 2 highest paid player and captain to be in. We'll compete harder but still look rudderless.

The_Frog

First Grade
We need to play orders of magnitude better than the dross that we dished up against the Titans.
I suspect the Knights didn't think they needed to win that match, which was rather naive and stupid of them. This being the end of the line, expect them to be ready.