What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Jersey

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Brand recognition and off field success mean we survive. Winning comps means nothing.. to the NRL

So your saying that Penrith could win the next 10 wooden spoons, be an absolute basket case of a club on all levels, and as long as the jersey looked OK everything would be fine.

I like this line. I think I will frame it. 'Winning comps mean nothing.'/ :eek:

mxlegend99

Referee
Brand recognition and off field success mean we survive. Winning comps means nothing.. to the NRL
Because brand recognition meant alot when Souths were kicked out of the comp.

What you have to offer as a whole to the competition is what the NRL care about. We keep pumping out juniors and letting other clubs reap the rewards of our investment.

That alone is going to keep us safe. We make the competition stronger with the money and time we invest in development of players.

Royce is King

Juniors
You are 100 % right MX...... we do pump out juniors...... but the club not keeping them or more to the point, not having a clue who to keep.... that is 100 % on the Penrith Panthers.... no one else.

franklin2323

Immortal
Because brand recognition meant alot when Souths were kicked out of the comp.

What you have to offer as a whole to the competition is what the NRL care about. We keep pumping out juniors and letting other clubs reap the rewards of our investment.

That alone is going to keep us safe. We make the competition stronger with the money and time we invest in development of players.

Brand recognition is why we have Souths...Look at what happened to others. Souths brand kept them going in the top grade.

MugaB

Coach
Whats the bet 2mrw they release a pic of the jersey and it looks like this20191031_090521.jpga V striped like whats been printed on all the membership gear

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
Leave the bloody things alone. Maybe do a retro '91. Just get rid of the white shorts on the away.

Edit- yep, I think Muga B has nailed it above, Vs ffs. we'll be just a few short steps away from the Superleague abomination.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
a V style jersey would be ok, i like what the sharks have currently, it looks great.
Im ok with us having different jerseys, as long as they stick with it for a few seasons, and never change the colors.
And as long as there isn't a full white away kit.
Jeez classic really fkd that one, if they only thought of adding more black to the kit
(Home Black short, home black socks) it might have had more appeal to a full white jersey, instead we looked like ghosts out there, penrith needs to be black, above all else, as much as broncos need to be maroon or dogs be blue, etc, that white jersey was insulting, atleast they wore the black shorts/socks against the roosters round 24,
Thats how we should look in an away strip20191031_091953.jpg

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
White shorts with a white jersey are an absolute disgrace. That has to be something the NRL is involved in. Who on earth employed at the Panthers thinks its a good idea?

MugaB

Coach
White shorts with a white jersey are an absolute disgrace. That has to be something the NRL is involved in. Who on earth employed at the Panthers thinks its a good idea?
Screenshot_20191031-094351_Play Tube.jpg
Why isnt this the standard away combo?, ALWAYS BLACK SHORTS/SOCKS
jersey can be white/rainbow whatever
Just keep us wearing black FOR FK SAKE

MugaB

Coach
20191031_101735.jpg
What about a pink jersey with white shorts?
Yuk! Please, again black shorts/socks
Don't tell me matty moylan wearing a pink jersey and black shorts didn't look great when he stepped everyone
20191031_101725.jpg

Or peter wallace with cuts and bruises on his face, blood drippin off his mouth, toughing it out, but wearing a pink jersey , just making the opposition look weak

Last edited:

martielang

Bench

Big fan of the all white kit. You blokes don't know what you're missing.