What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NFL Draft

shiznit

Coach
Sounds like it’s going to go ahead on the dates as planned.

sadly it sounds like Vegas won’t be able to host it.

we can update with any mock’s or just general thoughts...

shiznit

Coach
My first thought...

what's everyones thoughts on Jalen Hurts??

I think he’s probably a 4-6 rounder tbh...

but watching Taysom Hill this year made me think he could be that type of player... he has that type of athleticism and he’s got something to build on in the passing game.

he worked with Lincoln Riley last year so he’s been in a good system.

he really intrigues me TBH...

Frederick

Staff member
My first thought...

but watching Taysom Hill this year made me think he could be that type of player... he has that type of athleticism and he’s got something to build on in the passing game.

Reuters mock has him going to the Steelers in the 3rd I think.

What's a good comparison NFL wise?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Reuters mock has him going to the Steelers in the 3rd I think.

What's a good comparison NFL wise?

From what I've seen - Colin Kaepernick looked very similar coming out of college.

Decent arm with accuracy issues, dangerous with his legs etc

Would need to sit a year or two I would think.

Frederick

Staff member
From what I've seen - Colin Kaepernick looked very similar coming out of college.

Decent arm with accuracy issues, dangerous with his legs etc

Would need to sit a year or two I would think.
Convenient since Ben's signed for another couple of years

Tom155

Coach
Excited for it, it has come up fast this year

Think the Broncos go OL or WR in the 1st

Vozzy

Juniors
My first thought...

I'm a chargers fan knowing we need a quaterback so probably at the number 6 pick Herbert and Love will be considered but a lot of experts are saying even Herbert at 6 is a reach. Herbert is ranked in the 20s on draft big board but everyone has him going to chargers because of need. Just wondering if we go OL or Linebacker here and a qb at pick 37 considering it won't be a reach kinda like the broncos did last year.

As for Hurts there are lots of mixed reviews he threw for 32 touchdowns and ran in for 20. They say he doesn't have a big arm and can be inaccurate. He was 4th rated qb on the Heisman trophy list last year. I have a feeling he could be this year's Lamar Jackson and teams will regret not drafting him. The qb position has evolved you need a game manager more then a big arm these days. Tannehill, Jimmy G, Josh Allen are the ones who made playoffs. The top 5 throwing yards of last year all for the first time failed to make playoffs.

legend

Coach
I thonl the Broncos will trade up with either the Jags or Cards to get their new WR ahead of the Raiders ans Niners.

I like RuggsIII but Lamb or Jeudy will do just fine. Go OL or CB in the second round.

shiznit

Coach
Interesting hearing a lot of experts saying that the mocks look like they are gonna be pretty wrong as it’s really hard for people doing the mocks to get any consensus on picks due to everyone being in isolation.

we could be in for a wild first few rounds as people will be taken far earlier and will fall dramatically than the mocks show.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Listened to one scout on a podcast, he had some interesting points.

Some teams didn't send the full platoon to the combine, they're probably kicking themselves now.

Some teams spend $1.5m on the scouitng dept., while others spend $3m+, that could be a difference now that scouting opinion will play a bigger role.

There might be a big increase of players entering the supplemental draft if it looks like the college season will be greatly reduced or cancelled.

Some teams pushing for extra rounds in the draft due to the lack of scouting/pro days/visits etc.

shiznit

Coach
Listened to one scout on a podcast, he had some interesting points.

Some teams didn't send the full platoon to the combine, they're probably kicking themselves now.

Some teams spend $1.5m on the scouitng dept., while others spend $3m+, that could be a difference now that scouting opinion will play a bigger role.

There might be a big increase of players entering the supplemental draft if it looks like the college season will be greatly reduced or cancelled.

Some teams pushing for extra rounds in the draft due to the lack of scouting/pro days/visits etc.

it’s so f**king nuts!

and to top it all off... the actual draft being done remotely is bonkers.

I heard that the commish will be announcing the picks from his basement... :joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
With less than a week to go how about we get things rolling with a joint mock draft.... we can just do 1 round or if we want we can just keep going...

Make your pick and if you want you can put a little spiel up about your thoughts on it... or just make the pick... withers fine.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Pick #1 - The Bengals select:

images

Joe Burrow - QB - LSU

I think this is the defacto pick for the Bengals. He’s had the best season in recent memory.

I really worry about the fact that he’s really only a 1 season wonder... it’s hard for me to forget about the fact he got beat out by Dwayne Haskins the year before so he transferred to LSU.

IMO... I think Tua is a better player considering his overall college career but I think with his injury issues the safe and sensible play is to go with Burrow.

nick87

Coach
Pick #2 - The Redskins select:

AP-All-Big-Ten-Football-14.jpeg

Chase Young, DE, OSU

Pretty straight forward pick this one. The Redskins have new HC who is defensive minded. They need another year to evaluate Haskins as a franchise QB. And in the meantime they get a defensive pillar that Rivera can build around.
He's got all the tools to be an elite defence changing presence on the edge. This is probably the best prospect in the draft. Too good to pass up

shiznit

Coach
Pick #3 - The Lions select:

images

Jeff Okudah, CB, OSU

this pick could well be in play for someone who wants to go up and grab Tua.

but assuming no trades are made the lions will grab the best DB in the class... and most likely the best player in the entire draft after Chase Young.

He was a lockdown corner in college and all the scouts seem to think he will be a lockdown corner in the NFL also.

I suspect it will be an easy pick for Detroit in the end... as long as they keep the pick of course.

Tom155

Coach
Pick # 4 - The NY Giants select

USATSI_13305073-1024x682.jpg

Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

Not the player or even OT I would take, I would've picked Simmons or Wills but we all know Giants GM Dave Gettleman love his big fellas so I think they pass on Simmons & go with the athletic freak out of Iowa to help keep Jones upright & open holes for Barkley.

Tom155

Coach
What do you guys make of reports Miami may pick Herbert over Tua & that Tua may drop come draft day?

Would be a massive mistake for me, Joe & Tua health issues aside are far ahead of the rest of the QB's imo.

If they are that worried about Tua's health that they pass on him they should go BPA rather than reaching for Herbert/Love or another QB.