What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL draw

horrie hastings

First Grade
Roosters vs Warriors Sat 4th July TBA
Swans draw out now and they play at the SCG Sat 4th July so it will be interesting where the Roosters Warriors match will be held.

Valheru

Coach
Swans draw out now and they play at the SCG Sat 4th July so it will be interesting where the Roosters Warriors match will be held.

Given that the memberhsips were sold as 9 game SCG packages it has to be somewhere Sydney members can reaosnably attend.

I am thinking Bankwest or Jubilee.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Given that the memberhsips were sold as 9 game SCG packages it has to be somewhere Sydney members can reaosnably attend.

I am thinking Bankwest or Jubilee.

Yep Bankwest would probably be the best option, no NRL on there that weekend , Jubillee has Sharks playing the Raiders but that is the day after.

azza29

Juniors
Pros:
  • 3 home games in a row (unheard of?)
  • Manly round 1 - shoulder be a cracker
  • Bankwest stadium twice
  • 2 of our last 3 are at home against strong opposition
  • We play Titans twice
One more pro - aside from the Thursday night Bunnies match in round 4, it doesn't look as though any of our home games clash with MCG blockbusters in Melbourne, a few of them are even on days when AFL is only on interstate, or there's none at all. Hopefully a positive for crowds.

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors
I see only 2 options for the Roosters, play it as a curtain raiser with their Canterbury Cup Team at North Sydney oval, or play it at one of their former home grounds being Henson Park.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I see only 2 options for the Roosters, play it as a curtain raiser with their Canterbury Cup Team at North Sydney oval, or play it at one of their former home grounds being Henson Park.

I thought maybe they could get away with playing it at North Sydney Oval, the corporate facilities would probably be adequate enough for a game there but there is no way Henson Park could host an NRL game, one poxy little grandstand and apart from a few radio broadcast boxes there is no corporate facilities. Nostalgia wise Henson would be great but it's just not anywhere up to standard to host an NRL match.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I thought maybe they could get away with playing it at North Sydney Oval, the corporate facilities would probably be adequate enough for a game there but there is no way Henson Park could host an NRL game, one poxy little grandstand and apart from a few radio broadcast boxes there is no corporate facilities. Nostalgia wise Henson would be great but it's just not anywhere up to standard to host an NRL match.
I take your point, but is it any worse than Belmore?

Would be a great nostalgia day if they could make it happen. The broadcast would look dated, but they could play it up, even with a black and white broadcast or something similar.

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors
If the proxy stand is good enough for the jets, it’s more than adequate for the roosters

Lambretta

First Grade
They could just chuck down some jumpers in Queens Park and play the game there.

Mind you, Queens Park is more than 30 yards from Bondi Junction train station, so the walk might be well beyond most people.

I believe the ground might not be billiard table flat either, meaning they'd need to build a light rail connection to help people cope with the 10 minute walk

horrie hastings

First Grade
I take your point, but is it any worse than Belmore?

Would be a great nostalgia day if they could make it happen. The broadcast would look dated, but they could play it up, even with a black and white broadcast or something similar.

Belmore probably better overall, at least it has a decent sized grandstand which would keep people dry if it rained, Hensons grandstand is the size of a dolls house. Henson hill is awesome , would love to see an NRL game there, the main problem is how you would look after the corporate members there, the ground has no facilities.

horrie hastings

First Grade
They could just chuck down some jumpers in Queens Park and play the game there.

Mind you, Queens Park is more than 30 yards from Bondi Junction train station, so the walk might be well beyond most people.

I believe the ground might not be billiard table flat either, meaning they'd need to build a light rail connection to help people cope with the 10 minute walk

They played a shute shield match in Centennial park a couple of years ago, maybe play it there, only five minutes walk from Fox Studio :grin:

greenBV4

Bench
One more pro - aside from the Thursday night Bunnies match in round 4, it doesn't look as though any of our home games clash with MCG blockbusters in Melbourne, a few of them are even on days when AFL is only on interstate, or there's none at all. Hopefully a positive for crowds.
MCG anzac game was moved to a later slot as well, meaning it will lead directly into the Storm Warriors game, which would probably improve the already decent walkup it gets