2020 PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Discussion in 'Game Day Spoilers / Match Discussion' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Oct 17, 2020.

?

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

Poll closed Oct 25, 2020.
  1. Penrith Panthers

54.2%
  2. Melbourne Storm

45.8%
  1. Desert Qlder

Desert Qlder First Grade

He doesn't come across as unflappable, there's a lot of flap in the Cleary family. He was flappable at the refs this year. Cost him 20,000 flaps.

And Nathan was flapping in the breeze last night.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Ron's_Mate, Apey, jargan83 and 4 others like this.
  2. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Immortal

I hope Gus isn't still holding his breath

3. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

Yep bad call. But it was outweighed by a number of others in the first half.

4. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

It's a rainy afternoon.
    In 2020 big Sydney.
    Geez, it's been 17 years.
    Brandy...they were so fine.

Footyball, footyball
    Boys from the west.
    You burned the comp
    With a glittering class
    You had a dream, only Penrith folk could see.
    You gave us laughs for free, for free.

Brandy, Brandy, Brandy...
    Seventeen in a row.
    Caught the bus...on the road
    but where'd it go?
    Brandy, Brandy, Brandy...
    Panfas just let it go.
    Life is crazy,
    Brandy, Brandy.

With thanks to Iggy Pop.

5. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

This thread has now surpassed last year's Grand Final and is the biggest match thread in the forum's history.

6. gUt

gUt Coach

7. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

Ivans still claiming today that bringing Naden on once the game was all but over was all ok.

2C1C4583-976C-4D4E-9520-2CB5970665AD.jpeg
    #smuglife.

8. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

Not bad.

9. GongPanther

GongPanther Referee

Anagram of "smug" is "gums". The "Souffs Fidney Gums" :)

BradParkerTheGoat likes this.
  10. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

Yeah nah.

Only bad call in the first half was Kikau's offload being ruled forward. Not sure why they didn't challenge? Couldn't?

Actually I'd say those two were the only real bad ones in the match. Both sin bins were correct.

11. Vee

Vee Bench

Danny Boy's right up there with Steve Chiddy for quality of refereeing, isn't he?

12. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

The Mansour no-try was 50/50. Looked like a defensive decision and the bloke could not have got near stopping it. The first Storm try also was a technical decision on a rule made for player safety but strictly under the rules correct. Perhaps this ought to be looked at in the off season because this was nothing like Slater kicking which led to this rule being brought in. The Kikau one Crichton was away and a try would most likely have been scored. Challenging it would have resulted in a "mutual infringement".The ref should have let the play go on.

Anyway we didn't handle all this well at all and didn't deserve to win.

13. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

please, we all know how this ends

stryker likes this.
  14. Reflector

Reflector Juniors

Like last years decider this one left me with bittersweet feelings. Because although the CPF won and got a handy ride from Sutton, what also stood out was:

- Penrith did themselves no favours with poor ball control, playing as if it was 0-0 when down by 10. Patience after the 20 minute mark and working their way into the contest as opposed to trying to score off every set could've got them back into the game, into the lead and into the record books as the Premiers. You can't say Storm won because of the ref, Panthers had plenty of chances to turn it around that would've enabled them to capitalise on the last 15 minutes when they got the rub of the green.

- Glad the right man got the CC medal

- Cameron's post-match speech (again) went on for a while, but (again) was the benchmark in professionalism and giving credit to everybody who deserved to be given credit after the season that has been. This is one thing Cam does that younger players/ captains would do well to take a cue from. Save the "Yeah the boys" shit for the dressing room.

- As a NSW fan, the prospect of having a backline of Teddy, Fox and Pap got my dick hard. The NSW backs production line is becoming what the Maroons' halves production line was from the mid 2000's- 2010's.

- When Melbourne's run began, they won the Minor Premiership but couldn't get the job done against this years' wooden spooners in what (to date) was the last GF they won. Could be a good omen for this Panthers squad who have plenty of good years ahead of them...

15. Vee

Vee Bench

I won $1000 providing tips for my daughter.

gUt likes this.
  16. This Year?

This Year? Coach

If it was the Dragons there would have been rivers of tears and the sook post would have been 4 times as long and would have rivalled that Kiwi post.

I'm happy for you as a fellow fan and I hope every salty post from every Storm hater (including myself) makes you smile. You're one of the good eggs and you don't get into the bants even when you have bragging rights. Enjoy another premiership!

17. Reflector

Reflector Juniors

"I also want to thank all the people who posted in LU this season and all my fans and the games' fans there, we couldn't have done it without the people posting in the match-day threads and the mods and the discussion that helped to keep this 2020 season going. I want also to give a special mention to all the people who started threads about myself, about Souths and about the Broncos. To Penrith, I know what it's like to come this far and then not get the result on Grand Final day and as somebody who was in the very position you find yourselves in right now against the same club that won this years' wooden spoon, your time will come around. I've been smug for 15 years so you fellas have plenty of good years in front of you..."

18. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

He’s been pretty successful and we need some locker room integrity to overwhelm our deep seated attitude and entitlement issues.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  19. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

An ACL injury in pre-season?

20. The Rosco

The Rosco Juniors

. . Nice work hatter, but to be fair, Kate Pearson deserves a mention too.