1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

This week Paul Jobber looks at the sacrifices made by the NZ Warriors as they prepare to head home after many long months keeping the NRL afloat by relocating to Australia, while Rob Crosby looks at the departing and retiring class of 2020 as many players make their exits. Rick's weekly finals column peaks with rankings of the top eight forward packs headed into the pointy end of the season.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 20, Super League Round 13 and Netherlands-Germany programme - and you have one fantastic 50-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 18 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

Discussion in 'NSWRL Competitions' started by Sharkie Army Gorilla, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Tigers1986

Tigers1986 Juniors

No news at all from the NSWRL about either comp. Typical of them really.

2. rightleftin

rightleftin Juniors

There have been a number of articles posted with today's talking about Maitland. The team lists are pretty useless.

I note that the Moorebank and East Campbelltown games are showing as nil all draws. Does anyone know if these games have been cancelled like the South West comps?

3. Jaseace

Jaseace Juniors

Yes Belrose game canceled! A grade Game before has Been moved forward to 1.30 pm

4. Sydney Knight

Sydney Knight Bench

Does anyone know of a direct link to get through to the Sydney combined comps draws and results 13s to A Grade. The play Rugby League site has the cdraws up to under 12s but you need to go into each club individually to see the draw for 13s up

5. 10$ Ferret

10$ Ferret Juniors

The only way I see you can do it is through Sydney Metropolitan then select the district then the club then the team. I can't figure out how to get to the competition

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  6. 10$ Ferret

10$ Ferret Juniors

I am hearing you have to be a player or staff to attend any of the SS or PC games this weekend

7. Sharkie Army Gorilla

Sharkie Army Gorilla Juniors

Yeah it looks that way. I noticed Wenty put something up on their facebook page about not letting fans in.

Guess I have to wait another week to watch some live footy.

8. Butts74

Butts74 Juniors

With the rise of the COVID again do you guys see the comps being canned or continue ? Only saying cause two SS games have been canned.

9. Sharkie Army Gorilla

It's not looking great. I think the two shield games will be played later in the season. Possibly as mid week games.

10. Butts74

Butts74 Juniors

Yeah I agree , it’s not looking too good at the moment. It’s getting closer and closer to the footy fields as much as I hate to say it I think it’ll be a couple of weeks before they shut it down and we all go back into lockdown.

11. IMO

IMO Juniors

Pretty sure I read somewhere maybe NSWRL press release that games involving sides from SW sydney in combined comps would be draws

12. rightleftin

rightleftin Juniors

That is strange because there seemed to be decent crowd at the NRL last night. They might have a special approval but isn't the health regulation 500 for an outdoor event? That is the limit in Shute Shield today. I suppose the NSWRL would have adopted this policy lacking any scientific basis even if the boofhead from Victoria had not infected a few people in the Liverpool area. Covid stats reflect what was happening 2 weeks ago, we will probably find out in 2 weeks that the spot fire in Liverpool was extinguished by now.

13. rightleftin

rightleftin Juniors

Entry to the games at North Sydney today is free but you have to register your details online.

You can just turn up at Thirroul but have to register at the gate.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  14. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

15. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

16. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

17. 10$ Ferret

10$ Ferret Juniors

I too remember hearing these games will not be replayed.
    I really hope they don't cancel the comps there are plenty out there that want to play

18. rightleftin

rightleftin Juniors

It would be great to know who is playing but the NRL took over the match system, wiping out 15 years of junior league history and then come up with a clearly unworkable system. Wollongong Wests get the award for putting 16 out of 17 in but many of the other teams are full of hiddens who have scored a lot of tries and goals today, not only in the state comps but the junior leagues are full of them also.

The NSWRL has posted a photo from the Cronulla Caringbah game which confirms that Michael Liccha was one of the hiddens that scored in that game.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  19. 10$ Ferret

10$ Ferret Juniors

If definitely a major stuff up especially losing the history

20. Sharkie Army Gorilla

Cronulla Caringbah should win the Shield comp hands down with the side they have. Stacked with Ex Massey/NSW Cup and NRL players